Nice upstate coyote!

jamesd

I was walking to my second set of the night when I heard coyotes barking& howling behind me. Sounded like they were across the road near some houses. I went back towards them maybe 100 yards or so,set up and blasted the rabbit distress for couple minutes and then switched to pup screams. This guy and a friend came in after couple minutes. Didn't get a very good shot on the second one. Should have been a double!

IMG_0505_zpsicjhrccv.jpg

Originally Posted By: Pa. MickVery nice, congrats! Nice rig your toting there !

Thanks Mick,that 6.8SPC puts them down hard!

Nice coyote.
To change the subject, how are you liking that Night Optics illuminator mounted on your scope? I could not keep mine lined up. The single screw mount allowed it to swivel out of alignment, especially when someone shouldered the rifle over their right shoulder.
I switched to a rail mounted IR. The Night Optics was easier to reach though.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrNice coyote.
To change the subject, how are you liking that Night Optics illuminator mounted on your scope? I could not keep mine lined up. The single screw mount allowed it to swivel out of alignment, especially when someone shouldered the rifle over their right shoulder.
I switched to a rail mounted IR. The Night Optics was easier to reach though.

I hate it.I will look into a different mount for next year,should have done it this past summer. It is a pain to keep adjusted seems like I'm always messing with it. And its on the wrong side for caring the rifle.

I switched to a 1" housing body IR (there are numerous brands available, EWT, Sniper Hog, Night Eyes, Coyote Reaper, etc.) and an offset mount. Mine is mounted on my gas block which is a little bit of a reach. With your full forward rail your rifle is perfect for that set up.

Back