Girsan MC312 12 GA Shotgun (Update)

LUCKYDOG

I just ordered one and I'm really excited about it. Everything I have heard is great. Bud's is standing behind them better than any other product they offer. They say it is a poor mans Benelli. Well, I'm not poor and I already own a couple of Benelli's and I oredered one anyway. At $299 for a inertia semiauto shotgun that is made after a Benelli, I'm in. Do any of you guys own one yet? Thoughts?

Be sure to watch the video.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/2084_37_1389/Girsan/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89I'm not finding the video, but that's definitely tempting. Let us know what you think.

I'll take it out goose hunting as soon as I get it. I'll give you guys a report on what I think about it. I have hunted with a Benelli M2 12ga and a Benelli Montefeltro 20ga for years so I will be holding it to a high standard for sure. I hope it is as good as they are saying.

Is this the gun that stoeger used to import that copied the benelli/franchi. The franchi is a pretty good m2 copy for half the price. A cheap version of the montefeltro sure would be nice for doves.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sandy hicksIs this the gun that stoeger used to import that copied the benelli/franchi. The franchi is a pretty good m2 copy for half the price. A cheap version of the montefeltro sure would be nice for doves.

I'm not sure about that. I think they are being imported by Benelli. I know all the money I've spent on guns in my life this one seems worth the risk of the 300 bucks. I'm an avid waterfowl hunter and I use my shotguns more than any of my other guns. It won't hurt to have a decent backup.

Originally Posted By: LUCKYDOGOriginally Posted By: sandy hicksIs this the gun that stoeger used to import that copied the benelli/franchi. The franchi is a pretty good m2 copy for half the price. A cheap version of the montefeltro sure would be nice for doves.

I'm not sure about that. I think they are being imported by Benelli. I know all the money I've spent on guns in my life this one seems worth the risk of the 300 bucks. I'm an avid waterfowl hunter and I use my shotguns more than any of my other guns. It won't hurt to have a decent backup.

waiting to hear what you think of it after you shoot it a bit. might have to get one.

It arrived at the gun store today. If I get a chance to pick it up today, I'll post pics. If not I will tomorrow for sure. I'll be taking it on it's first hunt Saturday.

It came with a nice case and all the chokes. I'll do a full report after I hunt with it Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas.

so glad i shamed you into learning how to post pictures.
lol.gif

that receiver exterior looks very much like a stoeger. very much.

hurry up and shoot it will you. lol

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotso glad i shamed you into learning how to post pictures.
lol.gif

that receiver exterior looks very much like a stoeger. very much.

hurry up and shoot it will you. lol

Yes you did! LOL! This one is not even mine. My buddy I work with ordered one the same day I did and picked it up today right by work. I'm picking mine up in the morning!

Originally Posted By: LUCKYDOGIt came with a nice case and all the chokes. I'll do a full report after I hunt with it Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas.

well? should we all get one ordered real fast before they are all sold out? lol

Originally Posted By: reddog964I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on this also!

2 things may of happened.

he did not go hunting with it yet like he planned.

or it is a piece of junk and he is to embarrassed to bring it up. lol

I hope it's not a piece of junk, very interested in that shotgun. Clean look, especially at that price! Curious to see what you think of it.

Looks interesting. But that cost difference has to come at a price. Either quality of materials or quality of craftsmanship.

I took it out hunting the other day. My buddy took his out also. He only fired a few rounds but had zreo issues. I fired mine 19 times. It shot great. It was actually a little easier to get on the bird. I think it is because the way the rib and bead are. I shot it very good. I like everything about it. The only issue I had was one failure to eject. That is of some concern but not much with a brand new gun. I plan on putting a couple of hundred rounds through it very soon.

I can tell you this much, I liked it so much that I ordered another one today. I got the home defense setup. Time will tell but I think it's a steal of a deal and this introductory price is to get people talking about them and then the price will be going up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tim Neitzke19 rounds of goose loads and had a FTE ?

That's not uncommon at all. It happened with my Winchester Super X 2, Benelli's it happens a lot with brand new guns. If it keeps happening, then there is a problem but I don't suspect that will be the case.

I've only had it happen with one, it was a Rem 11-87 SM. It continued to have trouble on and off, it went down the road after a couple years.

Other than that it must be uncommon for my new stuff to run perfect from day 1 ?
unsure.gif

Back