243 and 220 swift

savageyote94

I'm looking into buying a can for my 243 and 220 swift. I've not owned a suppressor yet, so I'm looking for one that will work good for both calibers

Originally Posted By: savageyote94I'm looking into buying a can for my 243 and 220 swift. I've not owned a suppressor yet, so I'm looking for one that will work good for both calibers

IF you aren't planning on running the can on anything larger than a 6mm, I would go with a suppressor that's bore diameter is as close to 6mm as possible. No need to over bore to a 30 cal can if your not planning on running a 30 cal round. PM me for any info if your interested.

Welcome to the dark side! One thing to remember is buying a suppressor is pretty much a lifetime investment so choose wisely and don't skimp! A quality precision suppressor will last most people a lifetime so the old saying "buy once, cry once" totally applies!

I see your listed calibers are .22 and .243. Before you choose a suppressor, make sure what all calibers you intend to run one on. Caliber specific will offer the best in maximum db reduction but won't allow you to run a larger caliber later on. Most guys run .30 caliber cans on everything from .30 on down as they do a nice job in reduction as well. With that said, I always recommend a .30 to start with as it offers the most versatility to a shooter. I'm positive once you buy one you'll get more!!

There are many quality cans out today SAS, SRT, Silencerco and Griffin to name a few. I'm an SAS fanboy and have run everything they offer along with most other major players on the market.

I'm a HUGE fan of their TOMB system that's been around longer than 15 years and well proven in accuracy, repeatability and minimal POI shift. It locks up better than direct thread and offers way more versatility allowing you to run it on ARs or .30 cal bolt guns. For new guys and a GREAT performing versatile suppressor look at the SAS Reaper MX or if you want caliber specific look at the Reaper Six or SAS Barricade Six.

RangerWalker or Skinny here at PM are dealers and paying sponsors that can steer you in the right way and help you with your purchase and forms.

Thunder Beast 6.5 Ultra will suppress the 243 the best. We tried some 243 bores but it wasn't worth it since the 6.5 bore metered the same on the 243.
7” 6.5 Ultra shooters ear test

9” 6.5 Ultra Milspec test on 260 rem

Originally Posted By: RayDogThunder Beast 6.5 Ultra will suppress the 243 the best. We tried some 243 bores but it wasn't worth it since the 6.5 bore metered the same on the 243.
7” 6.5 Ultra shooters ear test

9” 6.5 Ultra Milspec test on 260 rem

I can vouch for the 6.5 Ultra 7 as being quite a nice Suppressor and it performs well on hot rod 22 calibers.

Gemtech 7.62 Sandstorm
and/or
Silencerco Omega 7.62.
IMO buy the .30 cal can and be done.
I shoot .17 center fire , .223, 22/250, 220 Swift, 6mm, 243, 243 Ackley, 6.8spc, 25-06, 260, 7.62x39,308 all thru a 30 caliber Can.

Last edited:
Back