Skinning Hogs

she just came here from thailand She can not just sit down and do nothing he has to alway be doing something cooking cleaning she can debone to hogs faster than I can sking one mind you i have a really bad back and it is easier on me if i asking them on the ground then hanging so it does take me a bit longer. I would bring deer home she would help me sking them and all i ad to do wast quarter them out she did every thing I work as a catfifhing guid in the summer time I make and sell my own catfish bait all the money i make i take out other disabled vets and there family fishing for free. so i just break even on it keeps me busing ad let s me fishing all spring and summer she wanted to go so me and my boys and her went to Lake Limestone started out at 630 ended about 3 and had 4 limits 25 each we are going back to thailand this summer and she is going to stay there for a few months witch mens i have to actly do something for my self at least for a while

chemdawg: I'm sorry to hear about your problems with spelling, writing and short term memory. I'm glad to know you have help from your family. THANK YOU for your service and the sacrifices you have made for this country and my freedom. Try reading and understanding this: http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...262#Post1230262 it may help with your hog processing. Or, more correctly your MIL's hog processing. LOL
Best of luck my friend,
Don

we hang, skin, gut, cut head then the front legs, cut off the front shoulders, ect, use diffent knives to skin than cutting up

We have always hung them from back legs/head down. Do the butt-out trick,cut along hind quarters to the hoof , Now cut from butt-hole all the way down to the jawbone. Skin same as you would a deer .Now zip down to ribs ,let gravity be your friend guts fall in a 50 gallon plastic garbage can. Clean up and rinse with garden hose. Quarter and hang in cooler for 3-4 days . Brings back some very fond memories as a full time guide at a hunt club . Good thread , thanks .

Originally Posted By: texkenwe hang, skin, gut, cut head then the front legs, cut off the front shoulders, ect, use diffent knives to skin than cutting up
Yip I do the same. I do it the same as would be done in a butcher shop. Skinn the whole hog then dress. Man throwing away the ribbs????
The video is called the "poachers cut" in many areas.

Really did not look like the most sanitary way to cut up an animal. Hair and dirty feet in the cooler not to mention sliding it over the tailgate. Not worth getting sick over.

Back