Astonishing discovery at Christ's tomb supports Turin Shroud

azmastablasta

Astonishing discovery at Christ's tomb supports Turin Shroud
NOV 26TH 2016 BY DEACON NICK DONNELLY

An astonishing discovery has been made during repair work to the Edicule -- the ancient chamber housing Jesus' tomb in Jerusalem's Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Scientists have reported extraordinary phemonena that may support the authenticity of the Holy Shroud of Turin.

On October 26, 27 and 28, 2016 a group of scientists and religious authorities oversaw the removal of the marble slab that covers the tomb of Christ. Marie-Armelle Beaulieu, editor-in-chief of Terre Sainte Magazine, reports that some of the measuring instruments used by scientists were altered by electromagnetic disturbances when they were placed directly on the stone in which Christ’s body rested. The scientists reports that their measuring devices either malfunctioned or ceased to work at all. Aleteia reports

The phenomenon was confirmed by one of the scientists authorized to access the tomb. Later, one of the heads of the building and construction team, Antonia Moropoulou, indicated that it is really hard to imagine that someone would be willing to put in danger his or her reputation just because of a “publicity stunt.” Moreover, the journalist testifies to the scientists’ surprise during the opening of the slab: they hoped that the grave would be much lower than it was. Their conclusion: previously performed analyses with the instruments seemed to have been distorted by an electromagnetic disturbance.

The observation of unusual electromagnetic disturbances at the tomb of Our Lord may support a scientific hypothesis proposed to explain the creation of the mysterious image on the Holy Shroud of Turin. After five years of study and experiments scientists at Italy's National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development [ENEA] concluded that the Shroud of Turin cannot be a 'medieval fake'. The ENEA study proposed that the image may have been created by an intense source of light, but no man-made light would produce the required strength.

The ENEA scientists attempted to re-create the shroud image using a CO2 laser:

"One of the assumptions related to the formation of the image was that regarding some form of electromagnetic energy (such as a flash of light at short wavelength), which could fit the requirements for reproducing the main features of the Shroud image, such as superficiality of color, color gradient, the image also in areas of the body not in contact with the cloth and the absence of pigment on the sheet.

The first attempts made to reproduce the face on the Shroud by radiation, used a CO2 laser which produced an image on a linen fabric that is similar at a macroscopic level. However, microscopic analysis showed a coloring that is too deep and many charred linen threads, features that are incompatible with the Shroud image. Instead, the results of ENEA “show that a short and intense burst of VUV directional radiation can color a linen cloth so as to reproduce many of the peculiar characteristics of the body image on the Shroud of Turin, including shades of color, the surface color of the fibrils of the outer linen fabric, and the absence of fluorescence”.

'However, Enea scientists warn, "it should be noted that the total power of VUV radiations required to instantly color the surface of linen that corresponds to a human of average height, body surface area equal to = 2000 MW/cm2 17000 cm2 = 34 thousand billion watts makes it impractical today to reproduce the entire Shroud image using a single laser excimer, since this power cannot be produced by any VUV light source built to date (the most powerful available on the market come to several billion watts )”.

Comment

The ENEA study of the Holy Shroud of Turin concluded that it would take 34 Thousand Billion Watts of VUV radiations to make the image on the shroud. This output of electromagnetic energy remains beyond human technology. The unusual electromagnetic phenomena observed at the site of Christ's tomb 2,000 years after the Resurrection may be the after-effects of the event that created the image on the Shroud. It may be worthwhile for the ENEA scientists to confer with the scientists involved with the repair work at the Edicule to ascertain if these electromagnetic phenomena support their hypothesis.

https://www.ewtn.co.uk/news/world/astonishing-discovery-at-christ-s-tomb-supports-turin-shroud

A power greater than even modern men are able to duplicate. Yes fw, it is overwhelming even to those of us who have had the faith for many decades. I hope you clicked the link to get a close up view of the God-man, Jesus the Christ, who not only left a lasting impression on the world forever but through the ultimate power of God the Father, the creator of the universe, an amazing impression was left on His shroud. Mankind has always known the future through the biblical prophets, Jesus Himself and the writers of Scripture by the Holy Spirit who breathed the truth through them. All but a very few predictions have come true, exactly as foretold and those will come true, quite likely in our generation. The only thing holding it up now is due to the overpowering love of God, the end is paused because God has a fixed number in His mind of the elect, (those He chose before creating the universe) that must be brought into the fold. At that time, when that number is reached, the Son will return to gather the elect, both those in the grave and those on the earth. Then the destruction of the earth will begin. I struggle and get brain freeze trying to imagine eternity, my poor little pea brain can't seem to fathom it. But any who have not made the choice by the time of Jesus'return will learn the agonizing truth that they have missed their chance to choose and will spend eternity in a lonely place with out exposure to God. He won't force anyone to be exposed to His love and blessings. I find it hard to deal with my disappointment and despair regarding those who for one reason or another never asked for salvation. It's God's free gift to everyone who simply asks and believes. But my true anguish is for the children of nonbelievers who grow up with an ingrown aversion to God. I'm not one of those folks who hound people ad infinitum to change their beliefs, but I'm always open to answer questions privately or publicly of those who wish to know how my life has been so amazingy changed by our Father. In fact I have several copies of a simple book that I will be glad to send to anyone and will even pay the shipping. It explains the gospel in simple terms (Not a Bible), it's called "More Than A Carpenter". I will be happy to include my private email address and phone number should there be any questions. You've got nothing to lose and a joyous eternity to gain. PM me and it will be on the way to all comers.

I would like to thank those of you who have PMed me and asked for copies of "More Than A Carpenter" by Josh Mcdowell. They were packaged and taken to the post office today and you should be receiving them within a few days considering a normal Christmas rush. I pray that the Holy Spirit will touch your hearts and reveal the only Truth, Light and Way to a joyful eternity with the one true God and creator of the universe. If you've considered requesting a copy of this truly moving book, I still have a few copies, all brand new, from the last case I presently have. The fetching Mrs Blasta & I purchase this book by the case each year with the intent of inviting others to experience the overwhelming joy of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. If you prefer to purchase your own I highly recommend ChristianBooks.Com for this or any other religious books that may interest you. Thanks again for bringing me the joy of being able to help.

Thanks for what you do azmastablasta! I just purchased the book online. Looking forward to sharing it with others in my small group bible study meetings.

Back