Which small caliber centerfire suppressor?

Originally Posted By: mullyAnyone have experience with a Dakota Silencers Varminter 3.0? Looks like a nice can.

I've got a couple of them. I really like them but don't have first hand experience with any other model or brand.

I've got a couple of them. I really like them but don't have first hand experience with any other model or brand. [/quote]

Do you have the 223 or 30cal.? What caliber do you run them on?

Originally Posted By: mullyAnyone have experience with a Dakota Silencers Varminter 3.0? Looks like a nice can.

I've got the MB762L, same company that makes the Varminter, great can the 762L is, and the company that manufactures them "Mack Bro" aka Horizon Machine is a stand up company, Alan and Dale are great guys to deal with and if you have any questions call them, full of helpful info.

Originally Posted By: mullyDo you have the 223 or 30cal.? What caliber do you run them on?

I have two in 223 and one in 308. Run the 223 cans on 17rem, 204, 223, and 22-250.

The 308 I use on my 300wby and 308. Occasionally it gets used on my 223 when a few of us are shooting pdogs at the same time.

I have the mack Bros 3.0 from Dakota Sliencer,its the .30 cal . It has worked great from my 7mm mag down to the 223. I do have a .223 on order, 5 months wait so far will see how that sticks up when it arrives.

I've ran a Lane Scorpion 5.56 for about 3 years now and haven't had any issues. I just picked up my Varmintor 3.0, haven't shot it, but considerably bigger(of course) and noticeably lighter. Varmintor is titanium inner and outer and my Lane is a combo of titanium and steel. First hand, it makes a considerable amount of difference in weight. It will be interesting to see if there's a noticeable difference when shooting.

I have been told by a few shooters who own cans to buy a 308 can and use it on all my guns until I can afford to get caliber specific, does that make sense and is there much noise difference with a 308 can on a 204 rifle? thanks

I have a 308 Harvester...and the only .30 it gets used on is the Blackout. It spends the majority of its time on a .223. TO be honest, after I pick up a .22RF can, I doubt I even buy any more. One .30 can is plenty.

I saw that on fb skinney, nice pic. Speaking of cans, I have a sas sentinel on the way and am thinking about buying a umar 250. Will that be much louder than my 223?

My first can was a 30cal i used it on everything. So my next 4 cans were 30 cals and one in Titanium. Got a buddy to bring his 223 can over and we couldnt tell a difference between the 30 or 223 can on a 223 or 22-250, bolt action and semi.

I use the YHM Ti 7.62 can more than any of my other ones, and mainly use it my 6.8 AR.

Originally Posted By: reaper4I saw that on fb skinney, nice pic. Speaking of cans, I have a sas sentinel on the way and am thinking about buying a umar 250. Will that be much louder than my 223?

I'm not sure about the Sentinel on the UMAR, (we have one but I've never used it on the UMAR) we run the VAPR on the 22-250 UMAR and it sounds very good, at least I'm impressed. Especially on the UMAR platform, of course it won't be as quiet as a bolt but still impressive.

Originally Posted By: reaper4I saw that on fb skinney, nice pic. Speaking of cans, I have a sas sentinel on the way and am thinking about buying a umar 250. Will that be much louder than my 223?

I think I saw a video of the DDW crew shooting SAS Sentinel and it metered 126db on a Savage 22-250.

I've ran a SAS Sentinel and Sentinel MX on about every imaginable 22 caliber platform and it does awesome. You'll be pleased with it on the 250 for sure!

Back