Called Hogs from 900 Yards

Zen Archery

Didn't believe this was even possible.
When we turned on the caller these suckers came running in from 900 YARDS!!!
ClICK HERE WATCH VIDEO: SUCCESSFUL CALLED HOGS

If not interested in the video the 6.5 Creedmoor and Pulsar Apex Thermal continues to devastate!!!
IMG_7286_zpsryou9jhm.jpg

Nice video and shooting. I am running the 6.8 SPC for hogs now and have been interested in a new caliber. I really like the 6.5 Creedmoor but after owning a few AR10 rifles I have decided that platform is just too big for my style of hunting.

I noticed you also use the 6.5 Grendel and I am currently ordering parts for a Grendel build. I was planning to try the Hornady 123 grain SST for hogs but if you have experience with other ammo that might be better let me know.

I will be using an AR Performance barrel (18" 1:8.5- Hybrid 5R rifling).

http://ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/38016/41932

Last edited:
I do not have a Grendel but my buddy Brian has 2 or 3. His go to bullet is the SST for hogs. He's tested others such as Berger but uses the SST 9:10.

Originally Posted By: guessThose are my custom hogs sounds loaned to Brian. Good job guys

Hey Glenn..... When are you going to make your sounds available for purchase??

Maybe a "Glenn Guess Custom Hog Pak" at Foxpro or Convergent ???

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: guessThose are my custom hogs sounds loaned to Brian. Good job guys

Hey Glenn..... When are you going to make your sounds available for purchase??

Maybe a "Glenn Guess Custom Hog Pak" at Foxpro or Convergent ???

THIS x2

Originally Posted By: Gman757
Nice video and shooting. I am running the 6.8 SPC for hogs now and have been interested in a new caliber. I really like the 6.5 Creedmoor but after owning a few AR10 rifles I have decided that platform is just too big for my style of hunting.

I noticed you also use the 6.5 Grendel and I am currently ordering parts for a Grendel build. I was planning to try the Hornady 123 grain SST for hogs but if you have experience with other ammo that might be better let me know.

I will be using an AR Performance barrel (18" 1:8.5- Hybrid 5R rifling).

http://ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/38016/41932

GMan- I just got an 6.8 upper with a ARP barrel. Any particular reason your moving away from the 6.8 or do you want something different. Like many I started with the .223 to .300blk to 6.8.

Originally Posted By: TatonkaIIGMan- I just got an 6.8 upper with a ARP barrel. Any particular reason your moving away from the 6.8 or do you want something different. Like many I started with the .223 to .300blk to 6.8.

I am not moving away from the 6.8. I have been running two 6.8 thermal rigs and decided I wanted to try a Grendel and see how it does on hogs. I sold a LWRC Razorback to finance the Grendel build. Both rigs will have ARP melonite barrels.

I will mount a 19mm Mark II on the 6.8 and a 35mm Mark III on the Grendel.

Maybe Zen Archery and Brian will post another vid showing the Grendel in action???

Last edited:
Back