Must have foxpro sounds for coyotes.

My area, dealing with crosswired coyotes, I don't think the sound makes much difference. Vocals are probably the best bet. But, not from the same spot the coyotes are already associating with trouble. Pretty much nothing is going to work if you are calling them towards the same road or little hillside or clump of trees they have already been called to and shot at from.

So what you get, is yappers.

Again, specific to my area, this is public land. No such thing as a section road. Most of the time, if the conditions are good to call from the trouble spot, conditions are wrong to try and take a long walk and use a different setup. The guys I know that kill coyotes for a living, will have an approach and a setup in mind to use on problem coyotes. If they don't have access to use it for one wind condition, then they wait for the wind to be right for the access they do have. Might have to wait the better part of a week. But they are operating out of their homes, in familiar ground, so they can come back whenever.

I don't have that option, as a one day at a time, public ground, recreational caller.

Gotta play the cards you are dealt, make the best of what is in front of you. But for me, most of the time, I just get up and walk away from yappers. It's usually the most productive play.

There's no special sounds that are going to draw them towards the setup they associate with trouble. It's the setup that needs to be changed. Most the time, where I hunt, that's not particularly feasible. When and where it is feasible, it involves spending a couple hours, or more, trying to get one or two specific coyotes. That's just a low percentage play. So I usually just leave and hope for better odds down the road.

- DAA

I have a foxpro, I think it holds a couple hundred sounds? Doesn't matter to me though because I could get by with 5 sounds. Out of those 5 I probably use 3 of them the most.

Jackrabbit the most. I've probably called more stuff with DAA's Jackrabbit then the others combined. I also like bird distress...sometimes I'll get on a kick with that one and use it a lot. It works. Pup Distress gets used frequently and I also like Coyote Death Cry. I'm more of a if it aint broke why fix it type. I've also been doing this long enough to know that sometimes, no matter what you use, they dont want to play. Better off going down the road and finding an interested pair of ears. My hunts are pretty basic. Make a stand, play a sound. If something doesnt show in 10-12 minutes go down the road a piece and repeat.

I really don't think sounds make a huge difference. Some of JS sounds like vittles ala jack are still bringing in the critters. It's been around for decades. Good sounds just work.

Is there any good FoxPro sounds to use to either lure in coyotes or whitetail deer? And when should I mute my sounds or just let them run in the pre set loop?

My area, dealing with crosswired coyotes, I don't think the sound makes much difference. Vocals are probably the best bet. But, not from the same spot the coyotes are already associating with trouble. Pretty much nothing is going to work if you are calling them towards the same road or little hillside or clump of trees they have already been called to and shot at from.

So what you get, is yappers.

Again, specific to my area, this is public land. No such thing as a section road. Most of the time, if the conditions are good to call from the trouble spot, conditions are wrong to try and take a long walk and use a different setup. The guys I know that kill coyotes for a living, will have an approach and a setup in mind to use on problem coyotes. If they don't have access to use it for one wind condition, then they wait for the wind to be right for the access they do have. Might have to wait the better part of a week. But they are operating out of their homes, in familiar ground, so they can come back whenever.

I don't have that option, as a one day at a time, public ground, recreational caller.

Gotta play the cards you are dealt, make the best of what is in front of you. But for me, most of the time, I just get up and walk away from yappers. It's usually the most productive play.

There's no special sounds that are going to draw them towards the setup they associate with trouble. It's the setup that needs to be changed. Most the time, where I hunt, that's not particularly feasible. When and where it is feasible, it involves spending a couple hours, or more, trying to get one or two specific coyotes. That's just a low percentage play. So I usually just leave and hope for better odds down the road.

- DAA
Well said DAA

Just my opinion, FOXPRO SOUNDS WORK ! I’ve had success with their sounds for years at different times of the year some work, some don’t. I’m sure it depends on approach, setup, sounds & the hunters and of coarse the coyotes !

Quit using Foxbang soon after I started using Foxpro.

I haven't owned a called yet that the sound on it wouldn't call a coyote. .I experiment with sub $100.callers, see if they work, call a couple Coyotes and give them away to someone just starting. I rarely use a sound that isn't on my presets. 10 presets and a 100 + languishing away until I get bored.

I think sounds are over rated and stand selection and management are far more important.

You can adjust the sensitivity on the FoxBang to work with a suppressor. I need to go out and adjust mine, its way to sensitive. Just setting the remote down next to me can set it off some times. I turned it off for now until I can go out and make sure that raising the sensitivity will still allow it to trigger with the suppressor.

I think A LOT of what sounds, what time of year, sequences and all that is bullshit.

If you can sneak in unseen (that includes your truck) not smelled and there are Coyotes in the area you can call in Coyotes most of the time with almost any of the sounds offered on e-calls.

You will always have the ones that just sit there and aren’t interested no matter what you do. Thats part of the game as well.

I think the sound's location and knowing what you are calling to are more important than the actual sound itself. Example: Transients this time of year are easily triggered on jealousy so distress and single howl work well...Residents are triggered by breeching/skirting boundary and provoking as intruder.
The trick this time of year is to get inside that territory without detection...and then almost ANY sound will trigger them.

Back