ico tec vs foxpro?

ohihunter2014

I have an icotec caller and i have a local store going out of business and they have a lot of fox pros they are clearancing out and im wondering is it worth buying another caller for the more sounds?

does fox pro have better quality sounds than icotec?

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014I have an icotec caller and i have a local store going out of business and they have a lot of fox pros they are clearancing out and im wondering is it worth buying another caller for the more sounds?

does fox pro have better quality sounds than icotec?

Depends on who you ask. I say yes and you can't beat their customer service. Also made in the USA.

I don't have hands on experience but from what I have read the sounds are pretty similar in quality with FP being a little better. If you decide to buy the FP and want to sell the icotec maby we could work something out

Last edited:
I have a Foxpro a good friend has the Icotec. I actual prefer the Icotec sounds, the Icotec has incredible battery life and the remote works from anywhere. It doesnt matter if the call is 300 yards around the corner and up the draw it works. I like almost evreything about the Icotec but it is not loud enough for the South Dakota praries without adding a bigger speaker. I also dont like the sounds stored on SD cards. Also Foxpro customer service is top quality which is worth a lot. Probably more than what your asking but i could go either way.

Pros and cons of everything, we've sure killed a lot of coyotes with the Icotec over the last month or so. Im the ultimate fence rider on this one. If your not moving up to one of the upper end Foxpros which I believe is where the real quality of Foxpro shows up I would probably just stick with the Icotec. I would stay away from any Foxpro that runs on the TX9 remote, it is by far my least favorite thing about my Firestorm.

Not what your asking, but have you looked at the Lucky Duck/Verminator Revolution? New one on the market.
Just throwing it out there.
Mark

I've had the icotec 300 for two years or so now, its worked great for me. It has 12 sounds. im fixing to buy another icotec. Either the 320 or 350 with a decoy. im going to upgrade, they have 24 programed sounds instead of 12. im wanting to add few more options on sounds, and a decoy with movement, I use a turkey feather on a arrow for now, along with mouth and diaphragm calls that ive been learning So far the icotec has produced for me and its cheap. One day I might try fox pro but if I do its gonna be the upper end with the better remote. I would recommend icotec to anyone, great remote range and battery life is good especially for the price.

Last edited:
I have hunted with both, as others have said, the icotec remote range is really impressive, I prefer the fox pro sounds but have killed quite a few over both calls. I use the fox pro fusion and icotec GC 500 and the fox pro seems to have quite a bit more volume. Icotec is a heck of a call for the money. Just my opinion.

I have both, pros and cons to both, for the money the ecotec is hard to beat, I like the remote as others have said, be sure and check the ecotec that [beeep] sells

Originally Posted By: parsonI have both, pros and cons to both, for the money the ecotec is hard to beat, I like the remote as others have said, be sure and check the ecotec that [beeep] sells

Not sure why it was felt necessary to edit so I will spell it out, check out those sold by Made For Killing

I've had nothing to compare but a Foxpro. I am comfortable with them and they sound like a million bucks. Prob nothing wrong with the Ico Tec but I'll stay FPro.

What about the newest E-Caller?

The R E V O L U T I O N

Saw a post where a guy shot 6 coyotes on the same stand last weekend using this new caller..........

I have a FoxPro Shockwave and a FoxPro CS24C. Never had a problem they haven't taken care of pronto!

Thought I might throw this out there....

Icotec just put a ton of new sounds out for Icotec owners to download and add to their calls. I have the Icotec GC500, and with the new sound library, I now have roughly 120 different sounds on this call, including several new call routines.

Last edited:
I have over 500 sounds and will be getting an additional 120 premium sounds when my Revolution shows up tomorrow.

You can have quantity and/or quality.

I have both!!

Originally Posted By: parsonOriginally Posted By: parsonI have both, pros and cons to both, for the money the ecotec is hard to beat, I like the remote as others have said, be sure and check the ecotec that [beeep] sells

Not sure why it was felt necessary to edit so I will spell it out, check out those sold by Made For Killing

Because the M F K Made for Killing crew hurt Redfrog and other PM big dogs over a YouTube video of a coyote spilling it's gut. Made for Killing guys refused to back down and were banned from this site as well as mentuin of their call company with the 3 letter name.

Back