They're ready for winter!

flintrock

Looks like abundant rain, warm temps and ample food have these fat toads ready for winter! Prey distress has been sluggish at best, so changed it up to target the alphas and they are fat and heavy!

It's been very warm, very wet and very green. I'm ready for some fall weather.

#1 was going to be blue on the outside soon. Of the rest #2 was the only one the hair was set on yet. I sell them on the carcass and the furbuyer isn't to interested yet.

coyotes here are mostly prime in oct. and freezing temp.has nothing to do with this.they just have to prime up for winter.i have been selling coyotes for about 50yrs. and the October ones go in with the later ones and pretty much sell for the same price and you must do a good job of putting them up.you will get some smaller ones early and a few that are not as good but as a whole they are worth skinning in oct.

Thanks fellas I appreciate the responses.

There is a considerable difference in our coyotes and those just 150 miles north of here. They just don't fur up as well or sell as well. After Bail PM'd me, I thought I ought to call our local fur buyer and see what the market was going to be. He sent 400 coyotes to NAFA auction last year and they've only sold 100 of them. $5 apiece. He's not buying coyotes or coons this year.

Back