Excaliber Grizzly crossbow

pyscodog

Never really cared for them till last year. I had to replace the string and cables on a Barnett that cost me close to $100. Even after that, I just didn't care for it. A buddy told me to check out the excaliber bows so I said I'd give it a look. I ended up getting a screamin deal on a Grizzly package. Bow, scope, quiver and bolts for $450. Now I know why the are called the Worlds Best Crossbow. IMO they are. Break a string? $20 bucks and do it yourself. Great triggers and exceptional accuracy, and not really very heavy. Hits like a Mack truck. Great warranty too. My target is a crossbow target and at 20yds, it will put a bolt completely through it, side ways. What more can you ask for?? Didn't get to bloody it last year but season opens in a few days here, maybe my luck will be better this year.

I gave away a Barnett and bought an Xcaliber Axiom. The Xcaliber was used but I got the bow, a new string, stringer, 12 bolts, field points and broad heads. Also came with a Morrell target that retails for over $200. Guess you could say I stole this one too, paid a whopping $200 for the works. What got me was Barnett's life time warranty. The limbs were starting to separate so they replaced them and cost me $75. The bow was camo and they even put black limbs on it. Like you I am very happy with the Xcaliber. Bow season starts on Oct.1

My friend has the Axiom. The limbs on the Grizzly are 6" narrower. I really like that feature. Its shoots 18" bolts at 305 FPS consistently. Another great feature. If you add a fast flite string, you can get a few more FPS out of it.

I traded for the excaliber axiom last year.Did not shoot a deer with it yet . I just got in from tweek`n my ground blind out back. Put some black plastic on the roof,and put some fresh pine limbs around and on top. A couple 5gal buckets of sugar beets out. Now just wait until my opener ,also on oct 1st. Love shooting this excaliber.The recurve option not the pulley system is what sold me ...Good luck guys ... Gary

Originally Posted By: pyscodogMy friend has the Axiom. The limbs on the Grizzly are 6" narrower. I really like that feature. Its shoots 18" bolts at 305 FPS consistently. Another great feature. If you add a fast flite string, you can get a few more FPS out of it.

The longer limbs on the Axiom are the only negative thing about it. I wish it had narrow limbs.

Originally Posted By: jd9770I agree with you on the grizzly, I love mine too. I hope you get a big one with it.

Never been real picky. Nice fat doe is OK by me!! Luck to you guys too!!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: jd9770I agree with you on the grizzly, I love mine too. I hope you get a big one with it.

Never been real picky. Nice fat doe is OK by me!! Luck to you guys too!!

A big fat doe will fill my freezer as well. But theres a nice 8pt and a real big 10pt`r I will take if given a shot. Put a few arrows in the black hole,20 25 & 30 yards. I`m ready.

Originally Posted By: jd9770I agree with you on the grizzly, I love mine too. I hope you get a big one with it.

If you need bolts or parts, Dan Miller, Horizontal Archery is the man to call. Great prices! He saved me a bunch of money on bolts and broadheads. Also, he is the Excaliber warranty go to guy.

Don't have a Grizzly but have a Matrix 380.
I really like the simplicity of the Excalibers, easy to use a stringing aid to replace or twist a string to set brace height, plus being able to use the cocking aid to decock it without having to shoot it into a target, the ADF is a big plus also.
Go on the Excaliber forum for any question or anything you want to know, I learned a few helpful things from there and seems like a bunch of pretty good guys. I don't know if the Grizzly has the rubber bumpers, but on mine the brace height is critical and is something I keep a close eye on as the string stretches, that brace height is critical with or without the bumpers.

I've been looking at the Excalibur Crossbows too.I shot the older Axiom the other day at a Shop and was very impressed with the accuracy of it....30 yards and I hit their Deer target and regular Circle Target dead center.Im considering the lighter weight Excalibur "Micro Suppressor" Crossbow at 5.4 lbs and shorter limbs.

My Grizzly weighs 5.8 pounds and shoots a consistent 305 FPS. I shoot the recommended Diablo bolts with a 150 grain Slick Trick broadhead. Dead on the money out to 50yds which is as far as I would ever consider shooting at a deer. I couldn't be more pleased in a X-bow.

Dropped a good doe this morning with the Grizz and Slick Tricks. A 35 yard shoulder shot dropped her in her tracks. Liking the Excaliber more and more.

Fellows,

Talk to Dan Miller . He forgot more about crossbows , crossbow hunting ,and target shooting than most will ever know !!!

Buy what he recommends, he won’t sell you something that isn’t right for you . I bought an Excal . From him about 15 years ago . Harvested several WT in NJ and. Nice Bear in Manitoba. Bought a Ten Point last year because the huts we now have in our tree stands
have Windows too narrow to get the Excal out ! Whenever I hunt in a regular stand the Excal is my choice .

Dan said 175 lb bow will handle anything and over that it’s just a question of how far into the ground you want the bolt to go AFTER it passes through the deer !

Good hunting
Semper Fi
Soup

Mother in law has used an older Excaliber Phoenix for a while now. Bullet proof little xbow. We did have to replace the scope a few years ago but Excaliber to care of it real quick. I think I have it set up with deer crossing bolts and thunderhead 125's.
Justin

Back