Custom Knife Pics only

You guys are some good craftsmen . . . I'm almost afraid to post pictures of what I've made.

i1hfnk.jpg

Dont guess I ever put these on here:

First a Jim Rubley Riflemans knife from the Revolutionary war period. Jim made the file and then made the knife....

RubleyFineknife.jpg

This is another Rubley knife but made more primitively. I asked for it to be more of a back country blacksmith kind of knife and it is... Again he made the file and then the knife but all the finish work shows the carbon and is much more rough then the previous knife. I really love this knife.

Rubleyprimknife.jpg

This is a slightly larger and heavier built knife, made by Paul Berry in Texas from a truck spring this is typical of many local built Bowie style knives of the period. Its a beast but pleasant in the hand and well appointed by Paul for me.

Tanglefootknife.jpg

This is my every day favorite. Crafted by KY Master blacksmith Joe Kiesler it is made from a file. That bright spot in the picture is a quarter so you get the idea of size. Joe did not loose the temper on this metal as I can make a very light touch up and shave with this little beast......

Picture.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my knives. As you can see I am a bit old fashioned in my knife stuff...... I love good forge work.

Last edited:
Made this for my Dad on his 80th birthday (RIP).
SS blade blank & guard, dymonwood scales & base.
He taught me to shoot with 22 lr bolt, hunt with a 20 ga single shot, and never leave home withouth a pocket knife !!
He was of the great generation, WWII Ranger 2nd Btl D Co, first engaged the enemy at Castle hill (Hill 400).

165499553.NhFOcqjI.jpg

165499554.8B8PHYG7.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlMade this for my Dad on his 80th birthday (RIP).
He taught me to shoot with 22 lr bolt, hunt with a 20 ga single shot, and never leave home withouth a pocket knife !!
He was of the great generation, WWII Ranger 2nd Btl D Co, first engaged the enemy at Castle hill (Hill 400).

165499553.NhFOcqjI.jpg

Wow!! That is really nice.
And such a great jester to your Dad.

165499554.8B8PHYG7.jpg

Originally Posted By: K22 Wow!! That is really nice.
And such a great jester to your Dad.

Thanks K.
He kept this knife centered at eye level just above his desk.
He didn't use it for anything (could of) just enjoyed looking at it.
It was there until he passed, at 95, and he had a very long rewarding life.

I see it as a game/meat processing and kitchen duty blade. The 1/8" full flat grind should be a slicing machine!

Some elk handles

The one on the far right is made of an alloy called Stellite. I don't think you can find a more durable metal for a blade.

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlMade this for my Dad on his 80th birthday (RIP).

165499553.NhFOcqjI.jpg

165499554.8B8PHYG7.jpg

That is a very nice piece of work. I’m sure it put a smile on your father’s face.

Back