Northern Calif hunting??

Hey all, just a note for you. The CPC web site will be down tonight as we are switching hosts. The current one I am using didn't support PHP which I need for the forums I plan to have on the site. I hope to have the site up with in 24 hours. I am not sure how long it will take the new host to get the DNS server info confirmed. Once back up I hope to have the refined page up, not the beta page I made =)

Rukus

Count me in! I was computer-less for a few weeks but I'm back now. Fairfield CA, 1 hour west of Sac.

I'm fixing up my 86 Blazer 4x4 now and buying a Marlin VS .17hrm next week. Already ordered a bunch of ammo. Can't wait to get out and hunt in CA. I just moved here and previously hunted a little in Utah and Nevada with the C&R rifles I've restored:

7.62x39 1953 Russian SKS
8mm 1922 Czech Mauser 98/22
7.62x54r 1939 Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30

Greetings stiff neck,

As you can see we have quite the following started. I hope to have our first meeting sometimes towards the end of the month. Our web page should be up again shortly, and soon will have forums for club members to post in. Glad you have access to a computer again, drop me an e-mail at varminthunter@auburninternet.com

Rukus

Hi gunnut02,
I live in Auburn which is about 16 miles East of Sacramento. Not exactly sure how far you are from me. We are right in the foothills, great area and close to a lot of good hunting.

Just and FYI to everyone. The web page is back up and looking a lot better, I think I am getting the hang of it. If you find a broken link or something not working let me know. The forums should *Crosses fingers* be up by Monday.

The forums are now working! Please drop by and register as well as say hello.

California Predators Club

Rukus aka Joe

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate having y'all here in ca,(it's what I call good moral support) bravo!
What changes have come about since 03?
is there still an active club group or are you a forum now?

ShooterJohn runs the California Predators Club forums and they are pretty active with folks from all over California, etc.

Eric
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: RonaldMan, I dont know why you guys are talking about having trouble finding places to call or shoot coyotes or shoot squirrels in Kalifornia. There are thousands and thousands of BLM acres up here where I live that are loaded with coyotes and bobcats. You can hunt coyotes year round in Kalifornia and kill as many as you want. I have called AZ, NV and Kalifornia. Kalifornia has as many coyotes as I've seen anywhere. Went out Wednesday and made 4 stands, got 6 in and killed 2. Went out today and called in 4 on 3 stands and killed 2 again. Hey Alaska Yoter, have you ever called and killed a coyote? Have you ever seen a coyote? I know theres alot of critters up there but do coyotes even exist in Alaska in any numbers?

I have to agree. The public land is endless. The majority of the state is either BLM or NF all open to hunting. Public land here is awesome. Only thing you really need private land for is hogs or turkey. If you live in the sierra marmot are unlimited take all year. Alturas area has beldings ground squirrel. Coyote are thick on every inch of this state. The desert is loaded with jacks. Get GPS hunting maps so u know you are on public land and use google earth to locate potential spots. The other thing you need is 4x4 and good boots to get away from the tree huggers. The chaparral has the thickest coyote populations for sure but its really thick and steep country so bring a shotty or low power scope on the rifle. If you don't have 4x4 then yeah, its all private land because almost anywhere that is flat is private. Join quail and upland wildlife foundation or quail unlimited. You will meet people who hunt all kinds of things and learn where the water sources are. In so cal there is also predator callers of orange county.

Last edited:
I was born in Butte Montana and my dad moved me and my mom to Oakland wherewe spent8 years and then a move to Hayward which is 20 miles south.It was a town back then with 5500 population.Now there is almost 300,000.I have hunted all over the state at one time or the other.Hollister,pigs.Owens valley coyotes.Killed 14 in one good day.The farmers there gave you $5.00for a pair of ears.And money for ammo.They were thick all over the valley.Up in Alturas mule deer.The coast Blacktail,killed my first at 8 years old on my birthday August 3 1951 with a 25/35 Win 94Great memories but I would not trade 10 Californias for 1 montana.

Randy

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and had a few questions. I've been doing a tone of research on coyote hunting for the past few months and I'm about ready to dive in. I live in Vacaville CA and was wondering if there are any decent hunting spots around me? Has anyone hunted the Knoxville wildlife area and if so is it worth it? Thanks for your time jesse.

Back