Taxidermy habitat- is there a source for fake wood/branches?

all kinds of driftwood can be found on ebay. look under aquarium driftwood or decorative driftwood.

ive bought manzanita branches on ebay for decorative use in a few of the fishtanks i maintain.

Most things can be spayed or brushed with Epoxy and would seal it, so that it would stay as is, and cleanable.

As for grass and stuff, i would suggest Hobby Lobby.. They usually have a good selection of stuff for floral arrangements.

I'm inquiring about a steady source of wood/branch type habitat in quantity. A reliable source just like brand name taxidermy foam body forms.

Why? It seems taxidermist are constantly scrounging around for driftwood and branches etc. Seems somebody would have provided a source by now. Faux wood/habitat is light and cheap to ship.

If you go to McKenzie Taxidermy Supply and look under the tab Display Options or Habitat Supplies, you'll find all kinds of rocks, limbs, plants, mushrooms, trees, etc.

My next door neighbor is a full time taxidermist, and uses some of their habitat supplies. He also buys some of his supplies like vines, leaves, etc from Michael's. Generally he prefers to use his own driftwood, fence posts, limbs, or what have you, because he wants his mounts to be unique and not pieced together from a catalog. We'll take a few trips a year to gather old barn wood, fence posts, driftwood, etc.

Back