Remington 700 (not trued)
Broughton chambered in 6dasher
HS Precision stock
PTG Bottom Metal
Jewell trigger
Nightforce NXS 12-42(for now)
Smithed by Kevin Weaver

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HoierRemington 700 (not trued)
HS Precision stock
PTG Bottom Metal
Jewell trigger
Smithed by Kevin Weaver

How do you like the PTG bottom metal?

It's ok, it is the one for the BDL inlet so it doesn't take the normal AICS mags. It takes single stack 5 round mags and I don't think there is a 10 round for it.

Originally Posted By: HoierRemington 700 (not trued)
HS Precision stock
PTG Bottom Metal
Jewell trigger
Smithed by Kevin Weaver

Nice setup, one question. I'm curious as to why you would put a custom tube on a action and not true it?

223 WSSM

Model 70 Receiver
Pac-Nor 24 inch, #6 contour, 1:12 twist SS barrel
McMillan Varmint Stock (EDGE)
Timney trigger (set at 30oz)
Williams metal trigger guard
Talley Rings and Bases
Roguard Matte Finish and NP3 on the internals
NightForce 5.5-22x50mm with MOAR reticle (Zero Stop)

100_4325_zps796c41d3.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BOBTAILS
Nice setup, one question. I'm curious as to why you would put a custom tube on a action and not true it?

I can't speak for Hoier but I have put barrels on "untrued" & "trued" actions. I can't tell a difference between my untued or trued 700's on paper...

I'm sure there are some that are way out (mass production & employees not giving a chit). But for the "average" action... Not sure if your gaining a thing having it trued. I can suspect that they get some "right" as well. Maybe I've just got good ones (lucky)?

I've had this one since the fall but recently had the stock painted.
This is one I use for steel plate banging and it does very well
I've had it out to 1,325 several times using the 140 Bergers

6.5x47 Lapua
Built by Jon Beanland
Manners T5A
Stock Painted by Short Bus (reverse Desert Multi Cam with Punisher Logo)
Bartlein HV 8tw barrel
APA Brake
Surgeon DBM
Bighorn TL2 action
Bighorn 20 MOA rail
Seekins Rings
Atlas Bipod
Huber trigger 12oz/12oz
S&B PMII

Had this one since the fall and been shooting it a while. Just received the chassis back from being painted today, so I thought I'd share a few pics

The action started life as a 270 WSM but I never really warmed up to it. So I sold off parts and kept the Remmy action. Ordered a McRee Chassis, Bartlien barrel, Huber trigger and off it went. Came back as a 7 SAUM and I'm using the 180 Hybrids.

Parts
Remmy action
Bartlien barrel
APA FB brake
Huber trigger
McRee Chassis
APA rings
Kahles K624I
Kampfeld fluted the bolt and skeletonized the bolt handle
Chassis painted by Short Bus

Obligatory "all day long" group
tongue_smilie.gif

Here are three shots at 1,325

Our Playground

Originally Posted By: emptymagSeriously, what do some of you guys that post a lot in here do for a job? I'm in the wrong field, you hiring???

Well, there's a bunch of folks on here I don't know, so I can only speak for myself and the folks that I do know.
So.....

Some of us have good jobs where we have a little money to save up every month and end up with a nice rifle in a year or two, and some are fortunate to do a little better.

Some of us have jobs where we don't make a lot of money, so we get extra jobs and save and budget every extra penny we get towards having a nice rifle in a year or two.

And some of us have worked several jobs all our lives and done without nice guns and other luxury items in order to make the payments and meet the commitments that life demands of us. Then we reach the point that those commitments have been met, the home loan is paid off, and then all of a sudden we have a few dollars left over to buy stuff we can enjoy in the few years we have left before we die.

Then we spend a lot of that time trying to justify the nice things we have to folks who haven't fallen into any of those categories yet, and just want to ask us how come we got all that nice stuff and they don't.

I never had to worry about any of that. I was born filthy rich and ain't lost a dime since then.
lol.gif
lol.gif

I only have one custom built rifle. I did a BUNCH of welding on the side to pay for it and its glass. And had it built on a tight budget. Its a matter proper planning.

It's a lot of what's important to you.

Some guys have a Bass Boat, Camper, Motorcycles, gambling problem, chasing women...

A few top end rifles with great glass is still much cheaper than a Harley Davidson or Bass Cat. And WAY cheaper than the chasing women problem.

Originally Posted By: coleridgeIt's a lot of what's important to you.

Some guys have a Bass Boat, Camper, Motorcycles, gambling problem, chasing women...

A few top end rifles with great glass is still much cheaper than a Harley Davidson or Bass Cat. And WAY cheaper than the chasing women problem.

About sums it up. Most of the guys who are amazed at what I have paid for a few rifles have a Harley, boat, camper and a $50,000 pickup truck in the driveway of their house with the big mortgage. I drive a 2006 truck that is paid for and it is parked in front of our modest house that is also paid for. I do have several custom rifles though
w00t.gif
. Honestly, I worked a lot of years to get to where I was in a position to have that disposable income. I also skipped a lot of other toys along the way to get here. To each their own.

Here's mine. Got it put together back in June and still have not had a chance to fire it.

Rem700 stainless action with jeweled bolt trued
28" McGowen Precision barrel PacNor NBRSA Countour chambered in 6XC
Remington x-mark trigger set to 1.5lbs
Boyds thumbhole wood stock
PT&G bottom metal
Harrels Break
20MOA scope base
work done by Gerald Kuthy at Custom Blue LLC

I plan on putting a nikon monarch 3 6-24x50 on it in the next week or so and finally shoot it once dies arrive

MCflame
6.5 Creedmoor
McMillan Game Scout (McFlame)
#5 8 twist 3 groove Lilja
24" long 5/8 24 Muzzel Treading
Blueprinted Rem 700
sako extractor
Spiral Fluted Bolt and Bolt Knob
Spiral Fluted Barrel
Timney Trigger
Remington BDL Bottom Metal
3 Color Cerakote Battle worn paint job