What 30cal best competes with Thunderbeast ultra

Originally Posted By: Ericbc7Does anyone have experience with Mack Bros Varminter 3.0 30 cal?

The guys that have them down here love them.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERTo answer your question roky0702, all sound testing is subject to several things. Many have been previously discussed.

There are man reasons #'s get skewed some we don't talk about.
smile.gif

Here is TBAC's testing with #'s that fall in line with everyone else. Interesting read.

Note: All data was measured in accordance with MIL-STD-1474D using a Bruel & Kjaer 2209 Meter one meter offset from muzzle.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/02/20/thunderbeast-suppressor/

yes numbers can be skewed. On this article is doesn't say what length of barrel they are using, nor where it was done, or time of the year. This will all have effect on DB levels.
I can do the same test, same rifle, same ammo, same can's and get different numbers.
Some as much as 4-6 DB's.
that is why i do comparative testing the same day.
As stated with in the same hour, if possible.
my guess is the barrel length was longer and that will give you a better number.
You will also see that i put barrel length out when giving numbers.

1st of march when the snow is starting to melt i will do some more vid's and testing to show the shot, and meter reading to ensure nothing is a skew.
RLTW.
Steve

Last edited:
I have a varminter 3.0 and am happy with it. Minimal poi change and cold bore shot is good. I don't have the experience with suppressors like skinney and ranger do,but have shot gem techs, lanes, Mack bros, and TBACs and to my ears they all sounded very similar,and I'm guessing to the coyotes ears as well. I would like to give SAS a whirl. I will add that after shooting suppressed for a year or so it would be tough to go back, it makes shooting much more enjoyable and the benefits of closer/more stands and easier shots on doubles and triples is great.

I am seriously looking at getting a can. The Gemtec 300 BLK is the one that I want I like the idea of being able to clean it and the G Core construction. Does anyone on here have personal experience with this can. I have a 300 Bolt gun and an AR.
Thanks, Gary

Among the top 100 competitors in the Precision Rifle Shooting series, the Silencerco Omega beat out the Thunderbeast Ultra last season. It's the first time that TBAC has been bumped from #1 in several years. Pretty interesting read: http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/12/12/rifle-suppressor/ I couldn't decide which one was actually "better" so I ordered both. LOL! Those guys are some pretty amazing shooters with lots on the line and the means to shoot whatever equipment they want. These 2 cans DOMINATED. So, I figured they know something and I'll follow their lead, since they probably shoot 10X better than I could dream of. lol!

Originally Posted By: SouthTXBowhunterLol. 5 is more than twice as good as 2! Lol!

And if you purchase them all at the same time, it SUBSTANTIALLY cuts down on your wait time and as we ALL know, the wait time sucks way worse than draining your checkbook!!!
thumbup.gif

Welcome to your new addiction! I too was in the same boat a year ago. I was caught up in numbers for a long time. I ended up settling on the omega as a multi purpose can. I've ran it next to ultras, surefires, and a couple others. Sorry I've slept since then. But I've yet to experience buyers remorse with my omega. They are all works of art and will fill the bill for you. Quit debating! Get a can on form and practice your patience! Good luck buddy

My opinion to your question is an SAS Arbiter. With that being said, I own one and am 100% happy with it. A lot has already been talked on decibel reduction, POI shift is another factor to consider. I do not own a TBAC so I can only speak from my experience with the SAS Arbiter and Silencer Tech 3g.
We were out shooting at a rock quarry a couple weeks ago and we were shooting a 1.5 moa rock at 700 yards. After about 10 rounds of 7 mag downrange with my Arbiter and at least 7 of those being impacts I unscrewed it and screwed on my Silencer Tech 3g. I went 2 for 2 with the 3g.
I was extremely suprised that there was not a POI shift between the two cans.

Yep, I will vouch for that rock and the 2x2. I was spraying it down with dust, but he was making it into gravel.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: OK243My opinion to your question is an SAS Arbiter. With that being said, I own one and am 100% happy with it. A lot has already been talked on decibel reduction, POI shift is another factor to consider. I do not own a TBAC so I can only speak from my experience with the SAS Arbiter and Silencer Tech 3g.
We were out shooting at a rock quarry a couple weeks ago and we were shooting a 1.5 moa rock at 700 yards. After about 10 rounds of 7 mag downrange with my Arbiter and at least 7 of those being impacts I unscrewed it and screwed on my Silencer Tech 3g. I went 2 for 2 with the 3g.
I was extremely suprised that there was not a POI shift between the two cans.

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry75Yep, I will vouch for that rock and the 2x2. I was spraying it down with dust, but he was making it into gravel.
mad.gif

thumbup.gif

Finally broke down and went with a harvester, just playing the waiting game now, was interested in the Omega but the waiting list was too long, so I went with a harvester that just came in that morning, the day before 12 Omegas went out in about 20mins after arrival. Anyways caught a video on youtube with a harvester and thunder side by side on matching guns and was surprised that you really couldn't tell which one was shooting, signatures from a couple feet away were pretty much identical. So for a first can I think I will be greatly satisfied

Originally Posted By: NCroarkFinally broke down and went with a harvester, just playing the waiting game now, was interested in the Omega but the waiting list was too long, so I went with a harvester that just came in that morning, the day before 12 Omegas went out in about 20mins after arrival. Anyways caught a video on youtube with a harvester and thunder side by side on matching guns and was surprised that you really couldn't tell which one was shooting, signatures from a couple feet away were pretty much identical. So for a first can I think I will be greatly satisfied

I'm hoping to have my stamp next month for a Harvester. A friend of mine has one and I shot it on an 18" .308 and was VERY impressed. This is my second rifle can, the first is a Recce 7 that will primarily ride on my 16" 6.8. The Harvester does what it was designed for; a lightweight, low ROF hunting can.

Back