Nosler 70 gr Varmageddon reviews??

CZ527

I know this has been discussed before, as I was part of said discussion. However, these bullets were scarce back then, and nobody had a field test completed.

Just looking for updates, to see how they've been doing. Exit wounds, splash wounds, anything at all.

Thanks

Well, they shoot really well out of my vls 6mm rem but as bad as I want to, I can't seem to find a coyote to test one on. Im really interested in knowing myself.

Last edited:
I burn them down the barrel at around 3800 ft/s in my 240 Weatherby and have connected on coyotes ranging from 50-211 yards. The results were awful, for the coyote. For the closer shots, it has completely ripped off the entire exit side of the animal (shoulder to tail), as well as several entire legs. I would post pics, but they are too graphic. For the further shots, I still get about a softball size exit. I haven't had one splash yet. I have even had a few bad shots at running dogs (hit too far back) and it was like it didn't even matter.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me! Someone gave me 250 and I was going to load them for hogs. Should work. I've concluded that a bullet that will exit a coyote will get ample penetration on a pig. I'll post some results. They're a tad over 3200 from the WOA.

I shoot the Nosler 70 grain in both a 6MM Remington and a 6x45. At the 6MM velocities they kill with authority but have had mixed results as far a being fur friendly. Out of the 6x45 at lower velocities they still put them down with authority but have yet to have a bad result on fur. This is my go to bullet in both of these guns. Love them.

drscott

Last edited:
Finally got the opportunity to grind up a coyote with two of these 70 varmagedons at the same time. I counted to 3 and it was like that coyote got hit by a train. He was about 175 yards out and I was shooting my 700 6mm and my buddy had a 243 axis. The coyote was facing us and one hit him in the forehead and the other in the front shoulder. It fully extracated his brain and his shoulder looked like it was shot with a 12 ga. at very close range. I ordered some 70 bt's to try to see if the are less explosive on entrance.

Back