Why is industry dragging their feet?

wyoman

I love my bolt guns. They are quiet suppressed, brass comes out clean, it chambers quietly when I get out of my truck and I never chase brass after the shot. I also love my Ar-15's. They are so much faster on a follow up shot in comparison to a bolt gun. They are also a lot of fun. Is it just me....or would a pump action ar-15 conversion make perfect sense? It would be fast on follow up shots and quieter than a gas gun when suppressed. I can't be the only guy who would buy a conversion kit for one of my Ar's that I use for hunting. Troy Defense came close but doesn't offer a kit and either does DPMS. It didn't make as much sense to me before the Suppressor virus hit me but now that I am infected it makes more sense.

I thought some one produced a pump AR already? Or are you talking about just the kit to convert a standard AR into a pump?

i dont think they were discussion the action noise, as much as the ability to use loads without concern of them cycling the action. IE: a trailboss load would never cycle an AR gas driven ar, and be stupid quiet through a can.

IIRC the Troy PAR was designed to give the ergonomic benefits of an ar in states that make ownership difficult (if not impossible) for the semiautomatic AR platform. Or in states that semi-autos arent allowed for hunting (PA and Delaware last i knew)

one drawback to the PAR is the fluted chamber (for ease of extraction), which as i understand chamber fluting is terrible on brass life.

i agree that sales would probably be more brisk if uppers only were avialable.

Originally Posted By: PanteraI read of an AR with a pump action developed to be California legal

the troy PAR is 50 state legal.

Back