NYS Coyote Hunters

Nothing out west here. Only made one trip in the daylight. Seven sets but I did learn that night is where I need to be. Gonna go try it over the weekend.

I have done 12 stands since Christmas. Nothing that I have seen. We have some snow coming so it should help locating them a little with tracks visible.

I got one last week in WMU 7M on state forest land. Big 40lb female walked within 8 yards of the decoy. 64 Yard shot with Hornady superformance 223.

IMAG0592_zpsdzrnt2jm.jpg

IMAG0596_zpsir8dgju9.jpg

I shot this one during deer season in the same area:

IMAG0531_zpshwdv0son.jpg

I (we) have been out several times.Got a few foxes, have called in 4 coyotes since new years and haven't been able to kill any of them. I swear I've hit at least 3 of the 4 I shot at but they keep on running. We finally have some snow so I might be able to follow a little easier. I am about done fox hunting for the year so I'm going to put my night scope on my 22-250.Hopefully that will slow the coyotes down a little.

Originally Posted By: jamesdI (we) have been out several times.Got a few foxes, have called in 4 coyotes since new years and haven't been able to kill any of them. I swear I've hit at least 3 of the 4 I shot at but they keep on running. We finally have some snow so I might be able to follow a little easier. I am about done fox hunting for the year so I'm going to put my night scope on my 22-250.Hopefully that will slow the coyotes down a little.

Curious, what caliber have you been useing if you think you had some run offs ?
Thanks

Originally Posted By: Pa. MickOriginally Posted By: jamesdI (we) have been out several times.Got a few foxes, have called in 4 coyotes since new years and haven't been able to kill any of them. I swear I've hit at least 3 of the 4 I shot at but they keep on running. We finally have some snow so I might be able to follow a little easier. I am about done fox hunting for the year so I'm going to put my night scope on my 22-250.Hopefully that will slow the coyotes down a little.

Curious, what caliber have you been useing if you think you had some run offs ?
Thanks

I'm shooting a 16"AR ,40,55 & 60 grain vmax. I recently switched to howoll points

Originally Posted By: McallisterThis season has been phenomenal for us so far. We're up to 29 coyotes, 1 bobcat, and 9 fox all called in. Hoping for 50 coyotes this season.

Wow! What area of NY are you in? I'm not sure there are 29 coyotes in my county! LOL!!

I have done approx. 40 stands since Christmas. I have had some responses but haven't actually seen one to shoot. I don't think they're as vocal this year as they have been in prior years.

Back