Foxpro crossfire stopped working

Hammer1113

I was calling with my crossfire and had it in the window next to my rifle, I called a set for about 30 minutes with 2-3 minutes running and a minute muted then 2-3 minutes on for about a half hour and ended up calling in a pair. I shot the male and when I tried to turn on pup distress after the shot the caller wouldn't work. Has anyone ever had their caller stop working after taking a shot to close to the caller. The gun is a 204 ruger and the barrel was about a foot from caller but I can't understand why this would cause the caller to stop working. It turns on and it is reading the controller because it is showing the numbers every time I switch calls but no sound, I changed all the batteries to eliminate low batteries causing it to not play but can't get it to play no matter what I do.

I'm not an expert and this is purely a guess but maybe a component in the speaker was damaged???? Again, that's a pure guess. Maybe plug in an external speaker to see if it plays sound.

If you have not done so already I would call in and speak with our Service Department. Our phone number is 717-248-2507 option # 2 for Service. We are here Monday through Friday from 8 am until 5 pm EST, thank you.

Back