The most inaccurate POS you have ever owned.

Originally Posted By: PowellSixOBrowning BLR 7mm-08. I was so excited to get that rifle. It looked beautiful with a brand new Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 scope on it. I figured it would be the perfect rifle for the back seat of my truck, but......... It took everything I had to shoot 3-4" groups with that stupid rifle. I blame most of it on the trigger. Holy bajezus, the trigger on that thing had to have had a 12-15 lb pull. I contacted several shops to see if I could have some trigger work done to it, and not a one would even touch it. So I sold it, and bought a pistol and fishing stuff. Lol.

That's the downside to semi auto rifles unfortunately. Too many people nowdays buy them and don't realize can't adjust a semi auto trigger, can only get a aftermarket. Sorry to hear that experience.

Originally Posted By: LangeOriginally Posted By: PowellSixOBrowning BLR 7mm-08. I was so excited to get that rifle. It looked beautiful with a brand new Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 scope on it. I figured it would be the perfect rifle for the back seat of my truck, but......... It took everything I had to shoot 3-4" groups with that stupid rifle. I blame most of it on the trigger. Holy bajezus, the trigger on that thing had to have had a 12-15 lb pull. I contacted several shops to see if I could have some trigger work done to it, and not a one would even touch it. So I sold it, and bought a pistol and fishing stuff. Lol.

That's the downside to semi auto rifles unfortunately. Too many people nowdays buy them and don't realize can't adjust a semi auto trigger, can only get a aftermarket. Sorry to hear that experience. a BLR is a lever action, not a semi auto

Mini 14. Loved everything about that rifle except it's groups. A Ruger 77 in 7x57 was a dog also. Looked like a rat tailed file had been used to rifle the last 2 inches of barrel. That one taught me to use a bore light even on new guns so lesson learned at least. Lest anbody think I'm a Ruger hater, my LH stainless 77 will only leave my possession when I'm dead.

Ruger 7mm mag bolt. Groups three times the size of my Remingtons. Bought it used, sold it a month later for a loss. I was honest and upfront with the buyer and told him that I couldn't get it to shoot, but for the deal that I gave him, he was happy to get it.

Roger #1 varmint in 223, I didn't buy another 223 for 30 years and have never bought another #1. I tried everything that I could and 6 to 8 inch groups were the best I could get out of it, and soon after it became someone else's problem.

Going to add another one that was the worst rifle I've ever shot (it was my friends). A Saiga 223, with a scope on it. It was fun to shoot, but a paper plate was safe at 100 yards 7 shots out of 10. Lol.

Hands down a sporter weight barrel Handi rifle in 223. It won the most inaccurate rifle award in my arsenal. It beat a mini 14 I had by a landslide. I must of tried 2 dozen different reloads and forearm work in that rifle before I cut it to pieces and threw it away. I couldn't bring myself to sell it to anyone.

Ruger Mini-14, a Winchester 70 .338 mag and a Ruger 77 .257 Roberts. The Mini-14 I could somewhat understand, but the 77 would not group regardless of what I did to it, which included recrowning, free floating and glass bedding, then changed stocks, then bedded the entire forearm as well as extensive handloading with a variety of powder and bullets. That is the most frustrating rifle I have ever owned. It found a new home. The Win 70 ran a close second to the Ruger 77. It too found a new home.

I'm suprised how many buy and have junk handi rifles on this list. And how many Rugers are garbage. I figure those handi rifles to be junk. Not so much the Rugers.

I owned a Browning pre A bolt gun made in Japan, nice looking gun it was in 22-250, we tryed about everything to try to get it too shoot, including , triggers, new tally mounts, two different scopes,new Hogue stock...... in the end it still would not shoot...... I traded it in on a new Ruger Mark II in 243 that would shoot nearly 1MOA with a whippy ultralight barrel, no mods! Guy I traded with claimed
The fella that got the 22-250 had it rebarreled to a different twist to shoot heavier bullets from it,said it would shoot 3 shots you could cover with a quater?? When I owned it with the wood stock,
Keeping them all into the end of a 1lb coffee can was never garanteed! So jt must have had something to do with the original barrel?
E

Originally Posted By: skinnyminnyI'm suprised how many buy and have junk handi rifles on this list. I figure those handi rifles to be junk.

You know, I must have got a good one. My stainless .223 Handi Rifle isn't bad at all. Actually I like it. It won't win any accuracy awards but is plenty good enough. I have taken a couple of turkeys with it.

I suppose there are good and bad rifles from one to the other.

Went thru 2 Ruger Mark II's, one blue, one stainless in 7mm SAUM. The stainless was horrible, the blue almost acceptable. Both went down the road.

Bought one of the Lipsey #1A's, 2011, in 257 Roberts. No load would produce less than 3" groups. One of the grooves, near the crown, had a big lump of metal sticking out. Called Ruger, sent it in on their dime. Rifle came back with the same lump in barrel. Still wouldnt shoot.

Sent it back on my dime, came back with same barrel and a factory target, with a nice 1.5" group. Still no luck. Called CS, was finally told the group was shot at 50 yards. Sold it.

Replaced #1 with a Hawkeye 257 Roberts. No lump, but rewind, press play, still not happy. Rebarrelled it to 7x57, much happier.

I am a big Ruger fan, but those 4 turned me off and I havent bought a new Ruger rifle since 2012.

A Remington 700 Classic in 25-06 was pretty crappy. Rebarrelled to 280AI.

Had a Browning 25 WSSM that looked like I was shooting buckshot thru it, down the road it went.

stoeger condor O/U 20GA. gun locks up tight but POI is way low. almost have to cover the target to get a good pattern. safety is also hard to switch off so no good for upland/too slow.

Back