.243 Can Questions

Originally Posted By: Buster HindendOriginally Posted By: fireyote I know, i hate my hybrid, it shoots so well and sounds so quiet on multiple rifles that i cant think of another i need to buy.
smile.gif

What's the fun in having only one?
blush.gif

They're like tat's, you can't get just one.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: Buster HindendOriginally Posted By: fireyote I know, i hate my hybrid, it shoots so well and sounds so quiet on multiple rifles that i cant think of another i need to buy.
smile.gif

blush.gif

Yes sir. Once you start down this dark path, it will consume you.
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: Buster HindendOriginally Posted By: fireyote I know, i hate my hybrid, it shoots so well and sounds so quiet on multiple rifles that i cant think of another i need to buy.
smile.gif

blush.gif

Yes sir. Once you start down this dark path, it will consume you.
thumbup.gif

Never heard that one before...
smile.gif
VVVVV

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71It's called sarcasm, a joke, reference to Star Wars.

Really Steve.... Star wars? I didn't know that. Yoda must be a name I pulled out of a hat. Take time to read what has been in my signature line for years. (VVVVV) That means look below.

Sorry, had to edit Its been a bad week and its not getting any better.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: g BoI've been shooting rock river ARs for the past two years. I recently bought a new 243. I took one of my suppressors off of a AR (silencerco saker 7.62) and put it on my new 243. I shot the saker for a couple of months. It was very good. I got my new Silencerco Omega three weeks ago and it is awesome. Light, quiet, accurate on and on. The thing I like about my silencerco suppressors is you can buy a 30 cal and also buy an extra 556 end cap. They have so many interchangeable parts it's amazing. You can retro fit almost anything.

Do you like the Saker 7.62 or the Omega 7.62 better & for what platform? Pros/cons to either? I'm looking at another can & those 2 are in the running.

Coolbrze
What platform are you buying for? Will you be using a direct thread, quick change mount, bolt, how long is the barrel, how heavy is the gun, heavy or light barrel, how big is the scope?

I like the saker fine, although my Son has had it on his AR the most. I've been shooting a
OSS on my AR.
I REALLY like the omega. My bolt gun (243 tikka) is really light. I have a big scope on it (vortex HD razor ) to and along with the saker and the trifecta quick mount the omega is 13 oz lighter. It really made a big difference in the way the gun feels and the balance seems much better.
If you'd like shoot me a PM and I can get into some more detail

Get the Omega. I picked mine up this weekend and can't wait to shoot it. IMO, there is no reason to get the Saker over the Omega. The specs on the Omega are awesome in every category.

Originally Posted By: roky0702Get the Omega. I picked mine up this weekend and can't wait to shoot it. IMO, there is no reason to get the Saker over the Omega. The specs on the Omega are awesome in every category.

Actually yes there could be reasons to pick the saker over the omega. Depending on your platform. I own them both and have put a lot of rounds through both. So unless you have had personal experience with both I'm not sure how you can make the statement, " there is no reason" to get the saker over the omega?
According to your post you haven't even shot it yet.

Originally Posted By: g BoOriginally Posted By: roky0702Get the Omega. I picked mine up this weekend and can't wait to shoot it. IMO, there is no reason to get the Saker over the Omega. The specs on the Omega are awesome in every category.

Actually yes there could be reasons to pick the saker over the omega. Depending on your platform. I own them both and have put a lot of rounds through both. So unless you have had personal experience with both I'm not sure how you can make the statement, " there is no reason" to get the saker over the omega?
According to your post you haven't even shot it yet.

Very valid point. Specs are just specs. You really need to shoot the can on the platforms you are going to use it on and compare. Lots of manufactures have great specs and will tell you whatever you want to hear to sell your their can. Real world experience with both cans is always best.
smile.gif

^^^^^^ Heck it don't matter! We got guys on here that recommend cans on a daily basis that has never even seen a can they are pumping, much less shot it!

Coolbrze,
Hey as I read back over my reply to your question and some replies of others. I may have offended some people. That was for sure not my intent. I'm trying to help you with your decision on which can to buy. If you are deciding between the saker or the omega, they are both great cans. The difference between the two are basically this

the saker is abit heavier and more beefy. If you want it for an AR tactical standpoint I would choose the saker.

The omega I feel is better for hunting, where as its lighter. The sound level may be a small amount better in the omega as well. The best thing to do is go onto the silencer shops web site and print out the specs page and compare the two. There is a difference.

Good shooting and hunting to all. And, HEY! if you're on this website you are all good buckaroos !

That's why I said "IMO", but thanks for reading into it further than need be. I have no use for the longer, heavier Saker. I chose the Omega, so that was my opinion. Cool your jets.

Last edited:
Back