11 Months and Counting on Form 4. What's going on??

VaRiverdog

As the subject says, I purchansed a supressor via trust March of last year. Forms went pending early March of 2015, and I can't get a return phone call from anyone at the atf. Has anyone else been waiting almost a full year for a suppressor to be approved/ does anyone know what might be going on? Gunshop has received no forms from the atf and the only time I got ahold of the agent handing my forms told me to call back in a few weeks and he will have an answer... Well that was 5 months ago. If this goes on much longer this guy isn't gonna have any hearing left!

Last edited:
I think it was a year ago in Va that everything was on hold for a while. Cant remember the detail or even the state for sure. May have been Wa google it up.

Keep calling the NFA Branch at 304-616-4500. Give them the SN number and they will give you the pending date, or the approval date.
I have had forms approved that they never mailed, or the USPS lost.
11 months is about 2-4 months too long.
If i can help at all please call me at 816-718-9489
RLTW
Steve

It really stinks that it takes as long as it does....a man could die before he ever gets to use his suppressor.....just something else the Federal Gov. has screwed up. I don't understand why a suppressor has to be on the NFA. list anyhow, if you can buy a gun you should be able to buy a can at the same time.....off my soapbox now.

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71 11 months is about 2-4 months too long.

Are you kidding?! 11 months, is 11 months to long!!! Especially, when you're waiting for your first one. The waiting, let alone 11 months worth, is enough to send, even the most sane man, to a facility with padded rooms and jackets with no sleeves.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

That sucks and I hope you get your can sooner, rather than later.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZdid you have a security clearance?

I did and its made zero difference in mine.

Back