The Shooting in Oregon..

it may be. it does look like he was reaching for a gun. he was known to be armed & openly said he would die before going to jail. he certainly did not have his hands up in the air when shot.

if you were the cop & he made that move, what do you do?

Stu... I would have been cautious. But I do not know that He was worth gunning down. I want to see what the vehicle looks like. The Girl in the audio had a different story. As usual it remains to be seen. And as honest as our Government is? I can be sure that we will get an honest answer. There is more to this story.

At first It looked unjustified but it is difficult to tell. Why did they have the road block?

Apparently the federals, law enforcers, and a judge invited them to take part in a fake community meeting that was actually just a ruse to coax them out of the Malhuer Wildlife Refudge.

If I recall correctly the young girl stated that they were shot at first as they were driving along in his vehicle and that is why he tried to speed away and drove off the road into the snow bank. If they shot at him first while he was driving along that would make police the aggressors hence him speed away trying to flee serious bodily harm and crashed into the snow bank, he exited the vehicle with his hands up in the air visible, perhaps they continued firing, he was hit in the side which is why his hands came down and they continued to shoot him down.

I'm going to go with the goon squad standing army were the aggressors that time. This is an execution, premeditated homicide.

Last edited:
Well it looks like to me they wanted a fight and the got one. You can't possibly think you can show up with men and guns to take over a Federal Facility with out consequences! I would to love to hunt in Yellowstone its Federal Land. The sad think here is a Man lost his life and that hurts everyone.

Originally Posted By: CDENTONWell it looks like to me they wanted a fight and the got one. You can't possibly think you can show up with men and guns to take over a Federal Facility with out consequences! I would to love to hunt in Yellowstone its Federal Land. The sad think here is a Man lost his life and that hurts everyone.

What you & I would do as citizens is not what you & I would do as LEO's.

If a cop sees a gun being drawn & waits until it's out, it's too late.

I'd like to see a video with better detail, but he clearly did not have his hands up & empty.

Think it through.

This wasn't a random road block, these were federal cops who were there for a specific purpose. I have little doubt that they had been told who was in that truck.

The guy had done at least one interview where he stated he would die before going to jail.

He was known to be armed.

He tried to run the road block. it looks to me that he actually ran over one cop in doing so.

We have no audio here, but it's safe to say that commands were being given continuously.

And he makes a move that looks to be going for a holstered sidearm.

Well, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If I, as a normal citizen who isn't wanted for anything, came up on a road block, decided to blow through it & run over a cop, I wouldn't give myself very good chances either.

Last edited:
Its sad he did not just go into federal custody. He could have become a college professor. Wrote a book. Been interviewed on TV shows. Taught your kids. If only he had just bombed some Federal buildings and maybe kill one or two like the Weather Underground did he could have been a hero instead of laying in the snow dead for a set in at a bird sanctuary.
If he had just managed things different he could have gone on national TV and said his regret is he didn't do more.
I wonder if there will be any marching in the streets. Probably not. They were not in the drug business were they?
It looks to me like he knew they wanted him and what was going to happen is why he exited the truck alone and got away from it. He knew by then he had been set up.
Just my opinion.

Amazing how many times the story has changed. The driver of the Jeep that was freed released his video saying that the Rancher rushed the cops. That was not true by watching this video. The 18 year old girl in the truck said they were being riddled with bullets. With no audio its hard to tell what the Rancher was actually doing. Had he already been shot and reaching for the wound? So many unanswered questions. Why did the Cop jump out in front of the truck? Was he already shooting the windshield? We may never get the real story. Where are the body cam videos, Dash cam etc? It is what it is I guess.

I really don't know why people insist on armchairing these things. A few seconds of video footage viewed from the comfort of my office isn't exactly the same thing as being there and seeing what is actually happening.

There are people actually upset that the LE was going to arrest him... you know doing their job. The current "We'll stop committing felonies, but only if you won't charge us for the ones we're doing now" thing blows my mind.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishThink it through.

This wasn't a random road block, these were federal cops who were there for a specific purpose. I have little doubt that they had been told who was in that truck.

The guy had done at least one interview where he stated he would die before going to jail.

He was known to be armed.

He tried to run the road block. it looks to me that he actually ran over one cop in doing so.

We have no audio here, but it's safe to say that commands were being given continuously.

And he makes a move that looks to be going for a holstered sidearm.

Well, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If I, as a normal citizen who isn't wanted for anything, came up on a road block, decided to blow through it & run over a cop, I wouldn't give myself very good chances either.

Agree with this. The only thing is I wonder if there was any intention of taking this man alive. Someone like me will never know.

No way to tell. What would have happened if he'd pulled up to the road block & cooperated, keeping his hands in sight & without making any sudden moves?

My guess is he'd be alive & in custody, but he didn't do that so we'll never know.

Back