ATN X-sight --- Shipping to distributers

Back from the grave...

Me and a buddy are looking into digital night scopes. The two being considered are the X sight and the Photon XT.

I've spent a couple hours reading reviews and trying to make up my mind but now that the X sight has been out around a year, what are your thoughts?

Me too Rock. I keep waiting / hoping for some good changes to come to the scope. I have recently been in another forum in Predator Masters and really didn't get anywhere there with inquiring and requesting reviews. I and others pretty much got hammered for relaying the negative reviews we have heard about the scope in general and for asking questions about the upgrades and not blindly accepting a couple of guy's posts, with no real evidence. I keep hoping for some updated reviews, solid reviews and not just opinions. Maybe someone will chime in with some solid data of the supposedly upgraded version. So I guess we and others are waiting to hear and see more.

Down to $400 now for the 3x, from a few resellers. I ordered one yesterday, and it's on its way to me today.

The Facebook group "ATN X-Sight Owners" is a good source of info/feedback.

I bought an X-Sight 5x for $499 this weekend at Cabela's. Took it back today. I had a couple issues with the buttons not working and having to reboot it. The scope seemed to be a little heavy and cumbersome. I guess the night setting was okay. It really needed a better illuminator. It had a lot of bells and whistles that was cool if you were a technophile, but when I boiled it all down, I was looking for a scope, not a camera and computer. Not slamming it at all, just wasn't for me.

I ordered a Photon XT from Amazon. 2 day shipping since I have prime. The price had dropped from $425 to $378. Plus there were two coupons, one for $20 and one for $50. SO I got the scope for $308. But you need scope rings if you don't already have them. I also got a bigger illuminator.

Last edited:
Any updates on the X-sight? I have heard a lot of the original bugs/issues have been worked out. The digital zoom interests me vs. the fixed power of the photon.

Originally Posted By: RogerthatAny updates on the X-sight? I have heard a lot of the original bugs/issues have been worked out. The digital zoom interests me vs. the fixed power of the photon.

I picked up a 3x to play with, during the xmas sales. The only issues I've noticed:

- the gain - sometimes it's too low when switching from day to night mode. Taking a pic seems to correct that.

- when switching modes day/night, sometimes the display has a flicker. Again, taking a pic seems to correct that.

Other than that, it's worked as advertised, and the night mode exceeded my expectations (when using included IR illuminator). I run it with the GPS and Wi-Fi disabled, but have no problem with the Wi-Fi connecting to a Galaxy S5 when desired.

Back