new rifle

larryb

Was wondering if any of you have thermal scopes mounted on bolt action rifles and if you do what rifle do you have. I'm looking to mount my atn thor to a bolt action and I need a long pica tinny rail, been unable to get a combo set-up.....any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks Sandy.
I have this NV on a Stiller action and used the Stiller Standard 0-moa Pic Rail Base.
I use the 0- moa base instead of a 20-Moa (like most use) so when I move the Scope to my AR platform or another Rifle, it Zero's with just a few clicks.

Here's the same scope on a Remington 700 with a EGW 0-moa Base.
The scope eye relief is better with the MDT Chassis (above picture) because you can adjust the Stock to your needs.

Last edited:
Here's a close up of the NV Scope on a Rem 700 with a Standard 0-moa Base.
This Scope is an Aquila 6x Gen 3 NV. Your Scope will have to dictate what base you will need. There are Extended Pic Rails available should your Scope require it.

With a face like that, I see why you hunt at night!
scared.gif

Are you in the witness protection program or what?
unsure.gif

Sweet looking rifle.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerWith a face like that, I see why you hunt at night!
scared.gif

unsure.gif

Sweet looking rifle.
Ha! I'm hiding from my EX-Wives and their Lawyers!LOL.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Originally Posted By: YellowhammerWith a face like that, I see why you hunt at night!
scared.gif

unsure.gif

Sweet looking rifle.
Ha! I'm hiding from my EX-Wives and their Lawyers!LOL.

Hard call, with a lawyer you get an itemized receipt. With an EX you could have cousin Vinny looking for ya.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerWith a face like that, I see why you hunt at night!
scared.gif

unsure.gif

Sweet looking rifle.

I was thinking the same thing. Lol

Back