Vx1 leupy 2-7x33

getfoxy

I'm in the market for a new scope. It will be going on a CZ 527 223. I have bought nothing but leupolds in the last 3 years or so and have never had an issue. So I am hesitant to change.

I have heard that the new vx1s have the same glass as the older vx2s? Well I have a couple older vx2s and have been very pleased with the glass and for a hunting gun, they have been more than sufficient. Before I pull the trigger is there any other optic in the 180-250$ price range that I should be considering? Like maybe the weaver classic V 2.5-10x38?

It has to be compact, 527s are compact rifles. No Hubble telescopes.

Gary, I've not looked at the newest model, but the older version is holding up well on a shotty .

Leupold has rebates on vx3 right now. The 2.5 -8 x36 is one fine scope.

I have been and still am satisfied with a couple VX II scopes.
The VX 1 does not equal it to me in the respect that the view seems somewhat dark outside.
I have purchased about 7 weaver 2-7 classics and like them. Two concerns have been warranty if ever needed and lack of optical coatings.
My first thought would be the 2.5-8 Leupold, and I rarely recommend used but with their record it's not bad advice.
Maybe it's just me getting fussy as the years go by.

Tim, I had not looked at the vx3 line. I'll check it out and the rebate too.

Tripod. Are you speaking on behalf of the new vx-1?

Leupold is in the process of updating their scopes again. Supposedly there is an upgrade on performance and a lower price point across the board. Not sure how that is gonna happen, it never seems to work out like that. Expect more confusing names, the Three line is gonna be something like New Vari X3I. That does explain the heavy rebate on the current VX-3 line up.

Back