Which Suppressor for a 6.5 Creedmoor?

I'm new to suppressors but got my Trust set up and was wondering which suppressor is the best for a Creed. Looking at the Silencerco’s Omega or a SAS but don't know much about any of them?

I have a RAR Predator and having a custom 6.5 Creed built right now.

Also is swapping the suppressor between rifles very difficult?

Currently the SAS Barricade for its size has no equal, period. It is stupid accurate, 100% repeatable and meters very well considering its only 6" and smaller diameter than most precision cans. It was specifically designed for 6.5mm tactical PRS match rifles where a smaller more maneuverable but super accurate can was needed.

It will work up to 6.8SPC but works great on 5.56 stuff also.

SAS cans with the TOMB mount are super easy to swap rifles on and come in a flashider or brake.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TNdeerhunterI'm new to suppressors but got my Trust set up and was wondering which suppressor is the best for a Creed. Looking at the Silencerco’s Omega or a SAS but don't know much about any of them?

Depending on your application is going to help choosing a good can. I'm working on putting some videos together debuting our new line of V.A.P.R's. I'm currently working with a number of manufacturers getting hands on and running their cans in the field. T&E of 50 + makes mods in different cals hunting, has helped us give lot's of fellas educated ideas on what may work best for them.
Good luck in what you choose, I'm sure you'll love it either way!

Thunderbeast 6.5 ultra, customer support from factory is second to none and you can get them anywhere for a good price. I will have a SAS Barricade in hand in about a week then I can tell you more about it, and the 6.5 VAPR when it comes available will be awesome if its anything like the 22 cal.
Swapping is as only as difficult as you make it. Non issue.

Main thing is match it up with what you are going to use it for.

Good luck in what you choose, it is addictive and you can not just have one.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: TNdeerhunterI'm new to suppressors but got my Trust set up and was wondering which suppressor is the best for a Creed. Looking at the Silencerco’s Omega or a SAS but don't know much about any of them?

Depending on your application is going to help choosing a good can. I'm working on putting some videos together debuting our new line of V.A.P.R's. I'm currently working with a number of manufacturers getting hands on and running their cans in the field. T&E of 50 + makes mods in different cals hunting, has helped us give lot's of fellas educated ideas on what may work best for them.
Good luck in what you choose, I'm sure you'll love it either way!

James any idea on length and weight of your VAPOR cans for the 6, 6.5 and 7 mm?

Originally Posted By: Buster Hindend
James any idea on length and weight of your VAPOR cans for the 6, 6.5 and 7 mm?

Yes sir, the 6mm is 8" roughly 13oz. the 6.5 is 9.0" roughly 14.5oz. and the 7mm is 9.3" and roughly 16oz.
First batch is in route to me, to finalize everything before they go hot.

To the OP

I have a Barricade that will be getting out of jail soon. I have Thunderbeast Ultra in 6.5 that I ordered last week. I have one of the .22 VAPOR and it's awesome, so I have no doubt the 6.5 version will be killer too. Any of those three should serve you well

I will be using the can for mainly deer hunting or coyotes. I just got my Trust today, I'm going tomorrow to a notary and getting it validated.

Originally Posted By: TNdeerhunterI will be using the can for mainly deer hunting or coyotes. I just got my Trust today, I'm going tomorrow to a notary and getting it validated.

A V.A.P.R may bring you some good hunting karma... Let luck and skill be on your side! This is what we designed them for, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. We've ran over 50 cans in the field hunting, filming and shooting, I can get you what you need.

I received the paperwork back for my SAS Barricade a couple weeks ago but have not had time to shoot it yet. My buddy did take his Barricade on an elk hunt and he seemed to be very happy with the size, weight and function of the can. We didn't have a chance at any elk but it did help claim the life of a coyote with his 6.5 SAUM.

Not sure if they have any left but I bought a SAS Barricade from Mile High Shooting for $731 and not only does SAS make a very good can but that's as cheap or cheaper than you'll find them for anywhere else.

I've got a SiCo Omega and run it on a 6.5 Creed Ruger Precision Rifle. Very quiet and extremely accurate. This is my favorite can I own. I also like it on everything else from 223-308. I run it with the direst thread insert and flat end caps and it is very accurate and repeatable on everything I've put it on. Have no experience with the SAS or Vapor cans but I'm sure they are very good as well. As competitive as the suppressor market is I'm sure that if you pick one of the newer cans from anyone that fits your requirements for weight, length, etc...you will be good to go. I chose the Omega for its versatility across many platforms and couldn't be more happy with its performance.

Swapping out suppressors is no problem at all. Just simply thread it on to use and unscrew to remove or swap. This is another reason I went with the Omega as I can swap out the direct thread modules and run it on rifles threaded for 1/2x28 or 5/8 X 24. I'm a big fan of direct thread as buy doing so you cut down the weight/length of the muzzle device. My Omega only adds 6 inches to the rifle (actually less if you count the fact that the threaded end of the barrel is inside the can). I can see where muzzle devices would be handy as a sacrificial baffle if you were doing mag dumps but for a hunting rifle I would rather save the weight and run direct thread.

Byron

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Byron SouthI've got a SiCo Omega and run it on a 6.5 Creed Ruger Precision Rifle. Very quiet and extremely accurate. This is my favorite can I own. I also like it on everything else from 223-308. I run it with the direst thread insert and flat end caps and it is very accurate and repeatable on everything I've put it on. Have no experience with the SAS or Vapor cans but I'm sure they are very good as well. As competitive as the suppressor market is I'm sure that if you pick one of the newer cans from anyone that fits your requirements for weight, length, etc...you will be good to go. I chose the Omega for its versatility across many platforms and couldn't be more happy with its performance.

Swapping out suppressors is no problem at all. Just simply thread it on to use and unscrew to remove or swap. This is another reason I went with the Omega as I can swap out the direct thread modules and run it on rifles threaded for 1/2x28 or 5/8 X 24. I'm a big fan of direct thread as buy doing so you cut down the weight/length of the muzzle device. My Omega only adds 6 inches to the rifle (actually less if you count the fact that the threaded end of the barrel is inside the can). I can see where muzzle devices would be handy as a sacrificial baffle if you were doing mag dumps but for a hunting rifle I would rather save the weight and run direct thread.

Byron

Byron, that's good to hear, I just put an omega in jail. I'm looking forward to getting it out
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: Byron SouthI've got a SiCo Omega and run it on a 6.5 Creed Ruger Precision Rifle. Very quiet and extremely accurate. This is my favorite can I own. I also like it on everything else from 223-308. I run it with the direst thread insert and flat end caps and it is very accurate and repeatable on everything I've put it on. Have no experience with the SAS or Vapor cans but I'm sure they are very good as well. As competitive as the suppressor market is I'm sure that if you pick one of the newer cans from anyone that fits your requirements for weight, length, etc...you will be good to go. I chose the Omega for its versatility across many platforms and couldn't be more happy with its performance.

Byron

I too just bought an Omega and was wondering about the flat end cap is it just as good with the factory end or did you change it to make it shorter. I was wondering so I can buy the extras while it is in jail..

I bought a Barricade from Steve Walker at Colonial Armory. Mile High is closing them out and has them a $731, but no TOMB mounts. Bought the can and two mounts. Will use it on a .264 LBC (6.5 Grendel clone) and a 6 x 45.

Back