.223 Flash Suppressor

Wallbass45

I have a A2 on my AR15 have been told that the 3 prong (Duckbill) does a better job than the A2 Birdcage for what they do. I am not concerned about Looks/or Period but Functionality of it. Which one does better ??

If you are not hiding from people actually shooting back at you just pick whatever looks best to you. There are some good comparison videos on YouTube.

I like the 3 prong flash hiders, but if you are using the rifle to hunt the 3 prong flash hider will snag on briars and shrubs.

I just ordered the Wilson combat. Did a lot of comparisons. It was between the Wilson and the smith vortex both with a very low Lux when fired.

I've always had the birdcage, never saw a reason to change them. There are so many, simple because they work. I heard the 3 prong ones sometimes make extra noise from the design, but I've never been around one. I personally think the 3 prong flash hiders are hideous.

I prefer flash hiders that also make my weapon quiet.... SSSSHHHHHH. Its better to not be seen or heard.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERI prefer flash hiders that also make my weapon quiet.... SSSSHHHHHH. Its better to not be seen or heard.
smile.gif

I agree. Waiting on paperwork for one of those kind.

After trying one of the prong type flash hiders I just stuck to the birdcage. That dang thing pinged off of everything, it got annoying.

One of my rifles (the only one threaded) is wearing a Levang Linear Compensator. The thing WORKS. It directs all the noise and flash directly out in front of the gun. Makes it quieter for the shooter and those nearby. It doesn't reduce recoil, but it makes it feel softer. It does reduce almost all of the muzzle rise. Unless you're going into combat and need the flash reduction, I'd much prefer it over any flash hider.

Back