Montana to allow hunting big game

Originally Posted By: phutch30 Quote:If you include the definition of "hunt" as applied by the current state statute, suppressors can be utilized for any wildlife not protected by the laws of this state which would include predators.

seems crystal to me

+1 Pretty straight forward. I think so many people have "hollywood-ized" notions about suppressors and full auto guns (not saying anyone here necessarily, just in general) that they are apprehensive about their use and/or simply uniformed about their use, function, and ownership. I've heard plenty of these types while reading or listening to the debate on the current bill to allow suppressors for hunting here in MT.

Originally Posted By: jetman Good luck with then...
Never on any public lands !!!
Go give it a try.
Check a little farther please

Jetman, you don't know what your saying here buddy. I've got a couple buddy's over there, one of which has killed more coyotes than everyone on this forum combined, YES you can use a can for non game species, and NOW you can use a can for game species.

BOOM!!!

...Oooops!!! I can hunt suppressed now so BOOM!!!

w00t.gif
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skinney I've got a couple buddy's over there, one of which has killed more coyotes than everyone on this forum combined.
U may have a couple buttys...but i really really really doubt theyve killed more coyotes than this forum combined....thats just an idiot statement.

Originally Posted By: fredhorace77Originally Posted By: skinney I've got a couple buddy's over there, one of which has killed more coyotes than everyone on this forum combined.
U may have a couple buttys...but i really really really doubt theyve killed more coyotes than this forum combined....thats just an idiot statement.

LMAO, It's called satire "buddy".

Originally Posted By: fredhorace77Ohh....haha i get it. I was thinking u were one of those guys

LOL... No way man, for all I know, you've killed more than my buddy! Just making a point that this guys kills A LOT, with a can, and I'm certain he wouldn't do it, if it was illegal.

Has anyone kept up with this?

I seem to recall reading something along the lines of "effective immediately" in regards to suppressed big game hunting. I was looking through my Regulation Book for 2015 and see that it still has the sentence that states:
"The possession of firearms with silencers while afield is illegal while hunting game animals as defined by the state statute."

What gives?

Back