Aggie Game Warden and the Cajun Outlaw

hm1996

Staff member
Tex had just graduated from A&M and was hired as a game warden for Acadia Parish, LA. First thing the warden he was replacing told him was to watch Thibodeaux, the resident outlaw who lived in Little Mamou. Thibodeaux had a long record of game and fish violations and took pride in outsmarting the law.

Tex said, "He can't outsmart me, I'm on it!" and proceeded to stake out Thibodeaux's house out by the lake.

The first day, Tex watches Thibodeaux drive to the lake. He slipped through the timber just in time to see Thibodeaux loading an ice chest in the back of his pickup.

Tex approaches and asks to see what was in the box. Thibodeaux opened the lid and exposed a box full of fish. Tex asked to see his fishing license and Thibodeaux replied, "I don't need no fishing license."

Tex asked why not and Thibodeaux replied, "These are my pet fish and I brings 'em down to the lake and turns 'em loose every morning to get their exercise. After a few minutes I jus' put the ice chest in the water and whistle. All the fish just swim back in the box and I takes 'em back to the house."

Tex says, "Yeah right. Show me!" So, Thibodeaux drives down to the lake, carries the box over to the lake, dumps all fish out and watches as they swim away.

A few minutes later, Tex says, " OK, Thibodeaux, go ahead and whistle and show me those fish."

Thibodeaux, leaning up against his truck, replies, "Whut fish?"

Regards,
hm

Back