Argo Amphibious Hog Hunting AATV

Gman757

I have been picking up a lot of land that has large swamps and a lot of areas that are inaccessible due to water so I ordered one of these. I should be able to get to some of those swamp hogs now.

http://argoatv.com/sites/default/files/ARGO_Scout_6x6-efile-lighting2_1.pdf

p4ZeM30.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: canuroperOh man, that looks fun!
Are you dogging any or stand/stalk only?
Let us know when you try it out.

I'm hunting large parcels so I will be able to check them more thoroughly for hog sign and get into the wet areas that are hard to reach. Stand and stalk for me so if I find a good concentration of hogs I'll haul in some corn and set them up for a stand hunt right out of the ATV.

I just ordered it so I won't get it until mid December.

Awesome, when can we go play? What do them go for if yo don't mind? Do they have dealers, or just order from Canada? I think I'd really want to try one out before I lay down the coin. Only 3mph on water, it could be slow going when loaded down I think. I'd like to see one in action though.

Originally Posted By: Eugene CanterburyAwesome, when can we go play? What do them go for if yo don't mind? Do they have dealers, or just order from Canada? I think I'd really want to try one out before I lay down the coin. Only 3mph on water, it could be slow going when loaded down I think. I'd like to see one in action though.

There are plenty of YouTube videos of these in water and off road.

I ordered mine with a motor mount for an electric trolling motor to increase speed in the water.

You can find your nearest dealer at their website. They are running a special for this model right now:

http://www.argoutv.com/special

Last edited:
I actually thought about if a guy could throw a trolling motor on there somehow. That's the ticket for a big body to cross. Specially if it has any type of current. I'm moving more permanent to Alabama, so I'm finding more swampland than the farmland in WI. Cool stuff

Man, that looks great.

I would love one with the tracks.. I love that rack that folds out to allow you to put dead on the back rack without having blood dripping in your rig.

Originally Posted By: yoteblasterI have one and if you are going to get the maximum out of them you should consider the tracks.

Yote..... PM sent.

I could not decide about whether to get the tracks or not... I went with the next best option which was an upgrade to 25x12 tires instead of the stock 24x10.

The wider tires should give me more flotation on mud and also better performance in water.

Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: yoteblasterI have one and if you are going to get the maximum out of them you should consider the tracks.

Yote..... PM sent.

I could not decide about whether to get the tracks or not... I went with the next best option which was an upgrade to 25x12 tires instead of the stock 24x10.

The wider tires should give me more flotation on mud and also better performance in water.

I saw a couple of them up in the Alberta muskeg. They were pretty good and a step up from a quad for the most part. The ones I saw were the 8 tire model. It's good to have a winch on them because they do get stuck.

I've got thermal, dogs, corn, wheelers, horses, skinning knives, vacation time.....
Why, if I was prettier I'd be the perfect hunting partner!
At least I help everybody else look good. LOL
Holler if those ole pigs start wearing you down!

I've run those in Alaska moose/caribou hunting. Pretty much go wherever you want. Definitely, make sure your winch is working, it is hard to get them stuck, but once you do you are probably in a pretty crazy spot.

Originally Posted By: donkey445I've run those in Alaska moose/caribou hunting. Pretty much go wherever you want. Definitely, make sure your winch is working, it is hard to get them stuck, but once you do you are probably in a pretty crazy spot.

Well.... I started this thread so I might as well post a pic of the Scout. I got it about a week ago and have been busy getting it rigged.

I have installed the rear winch kit and I set up a hitch riser so I can mount the winch a little higher when needed. I am waiting for some parts and will install a gun rack and shooting rest so I can just hunt right out of the vehicle.

I have been busy and have only had it out one time. It is a very versatile vehicle and I will be able to set it up just about anywhere as a portable hunting blind. I also took it into the woods to check maneuverability and crossed a pond in it and am very satisfied so far with the way it performed.

BwAW6Lq.jpg

Winch mounted in the rear on the standard mount.

cyyTW2E.jpg

The offset receiver raised it 6 inches.

CMv61IZ.jpg

Last edited:
Back