winchester model 70 25-06

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660If I could afford a sako I would not even consider a m70. I would get a tikka, but i'm just hesitant cuz of the shorter barrel.

I don't think you'd be unhappy with any modern day Winchester, whether New Haven (USRA), Baco, or FN in either push feed or CRF models. They are worth the money, IMO. I just have a fondness for the CRF rifles, but it's a feature that is not needed for 95% of all hunting you'll likely do.

I'm a big fan of the model 70 and the model 700. My first rifle was a model 700 in .25-06 and I wouldn't part with it, in my opinion it's a good choice.

Also owned more then a few model 70s from the 80s to current and never had a bad one. My favorite 70 is a Stealth that is extremely accurate made just before it was announced the plant was closing.

Having several pre 64 mod 70s (all shooters I might add) and a couple of New Haven CRF models and a FN Super Grade in 300 win mag traditional (wood/blue) not one of these rifles does not shoot well. They are all well built Imho.

I own 3 Model 70s all USRA. One push feed and two CRF. Big fan of them. I have a 25-06 CRF Classic sporter that is my favorite deer getter. Shoots 3/4" groups consistently with 4831 and both 100gr and 117gr BTSP bullets. I can't complain about that!

I believe the FN M70's are better rifles than the pre-64's and also believe the post 64 push feeds were excellent right up until the last couple of years they were manufactured.

Back