Are PM's advertising rules B.S?

I would like to say that when all communication is done in writing, the human feeling could be lost or missed construed and mushroom from there. I have a call that was turned on a lathe by Richard G. and the mouthpiece for that call was hand carved by Rich C. This was a team effort from you two. I am sad to see these two guys upset over something like this, we are here only for a short time let us try to enjoy it. What ever the staff and Mods come up with, I know I will try to work with.

Your right AK he is a big ol fella!....LOL...I was off last night, stayed up all day getting cought up on e-mails and PM"s, and making phone calls till 1:30 this am. I would still like to hear any feedback that is out there...I will give Todd and Al a call today.

I also want to say that all the guys have talked with have been first class an strait up guys. I want to thank you all for the info and suport. We have a great bunch of guys here and things are getting better all ready! THANKS!

Brent

No, I don't think so. But there have been a few posts that seem to spend way too much time telling about a product than is necessary for what the post is about.

I never say much on here but i have met some good people on here. And plan on meeting them in person.I do know how much i appreciate this site and how much i have learned. And i could do it no where else! So in my opinion we should be thanking Rich for his time and dedication. I hope that he and everybody else moves on and smiles. Lets smoke some YOTES and have some fun.
Thanks For Your Time.
The Hoosier Yote

Well I prepose we start a "fueding forum", whereas members who have a bone to pick with each other can have at it. No eye gouging, hair pulling, hitting below the belt, or calling each others Mothers names, but everything else goes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif And if you charge each participant a dollar for each cuss word they let fly and for each infraction of the above aformentioned rules, PM's financial woes could be history! Say, you Mod's feel free to use any of these ideals ya want. Lots more where that came from! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif kyray

my na me is ___________________i own a co. called__________ i hunt with a _____________ we called in 3 yotes this am with a ______________ would love to tell you guys were you can get these great calls and guns i use but they are not sponcors so i cant.

I am new here but not new to the 20+ other forums i frequent. i think you have a good thing going that could be great. i understand the cost of running any business and agree as long as it does not get in the way of what the forrum was designed for. you should be able to post your pics and links i notice that there are lots of gun mfg that get there websites posted often and i cant find them on the sponcer board if joe smoe thinks that brand x is the best he has ever used then he should be able to tell us so we can judge for ourselves. as it stands we are not aloud to evan be told about brand x unless they pay pm. trust me if brand x starts getting calls and orderes and customers are stating that they heard from pm about there product then they will advertise. but if not they would not just because pm says they have to for joe to mention there name.

i am a member of a fishing forum would it be right for them to tell me i cant tell people what kind of bait i use because they do not pay money to the forum? i own a company that is involved in many aspects of the outdoor industry. one of wich is a fishing lure co. i gave away thousands of dollars of lures several time on a fishing forum before i ever advertised with them. the members gained free product and i found out if there was enough interest in my product for me to advertise. this would not be possible here unless i pay you first.

exactly why did pm remove my aviater. please explain to all

Welcome Eddie. Now pay up or shut up. It's in the T.O.S. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

p.s.- PM your web site to me so I can check out your baits. I always have room for more lures. Especially if they work.

Boy! You really had to do some digging to find this one. Got an ax to grind or are you one of the few who got their hand slapped for reaching in the cookie jar with out asking>?

Quote:
I am new here but not new to the 20+ other forums i frequent. i think you have a good thing going that could be great. i understand the cost of running any business and agree as long as it does not get in the way of what the forrum was designed for. you should be able to post your pics and links i notice that there are lots of gun mfg that get there websites posted often and i cant find them on the sponcer board if joe smoe thinks that brand x is the best he has ever used then he should be able to tell us so we can judge for ourselves. as it stands we are not aloud to evan be told about brand x unless they pay pm. trust me if brand x starts getting calls and orderes and customers are stating that they heard from pm about there product then they will advertise. but if not they would not just because pm says they have to for joe to mention there name.

i am a member of a fishing forum would it be right for them to tell me i cant tell people what kind of bait i use because they do not pay money to the forum? i own a company that is involved in many aspects of the outdoor industry. one of wich is a fishing lure co. i gave away thousands of dollars of lures several time on a fishing forum before i ever advertised with them. the members gained free product and i found out if there was enough interest in my product for me to advertise. this would not be possible here unless i pay you first.

exactly why did pm remove my aviater. please explain to all

If I remember correctly, I removed it because it contained the web address (which is commercial).

Quote:
you should be able to post your pics and links i notice that there are lots of gun mfg that get there websites posted often and i cant find them on the sponcer board if joe smoe thinks that brand x is the best he has ever used then he should be able to tell us so we can judge for ourselves. as it stands we are not aloud to evan be told about brand x unless they pay pm. trust me if brand x starts getting calls and orderes and customers are stating that they heard from pm about there product then they will advertise. but if not they would not just because pm says they have to for joe to mention there name.

If someone asked a question about fishing bait, and posts a link to your product and says it is a great product, that is fine.

If you (the one with the product) come on here and post a link and say it is a great product, then yes, you must be a sponsor to do that.

Quote:

I guess some forums do it different. We have an accepted policy, and to promote your product you must be a sponsor before hand.

Back