Covers for cans?

Buster Hindend

So I "should" be getting my first two cans real soon.
I'm looking for some suppressor covers and I'm not sure which companies make good ones. Primary use will be for some range time as well as hunting?

Which companies do I need to look at for a quality cover?
Tab Gear? Rifles Only? Griffon? Armageddon?

What says you?

PERSONALLY, I would avoid Armageddon.
They blatantly ripped off Tab Gear's design. It might be a fine product, but I can't accept that kind of jackassery.
The SAS-R that Tony at TAB makes is a phenomenal design and he improved it with a blind seam when everything went down.

Well I am tossing around two models right, but wanted to hear some opinions before I made up my mind. I'm kinda leaning one way pretty hard right now, so we will see.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: cbass16
The SAS-R that Tony at TAB makes is a phenomenal design and he improved it with a blind seam when everything went down.

^^^ Agreed 100%

Make your own. Wrap the can with the foam they use to keep water pipes from freezing and then use the camo stick to itself tape to cover it with. It will also reduce the volume a little and can be taken off simply by removing the tape which you can reuse. 2 cents worth of my useing it.

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitMake your own. Wrap the can with the foam they use to keep water pipes from freezing and then use the camo stick to itself tape to cover it with. It will also reduce the volume a little and can be taken off simply by removing the tape which you can reuse. 2 cents worth of my useing it.
For hunting...MAYBE.
For range time. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

When you have a melted mess on your can, you'll realize it was a terrible idea.

Thanks guys for all the input. I really appreciate it

My two choices prior to posting this was TAB and Rifles Only
I wanted to hear from the experts and wanted them to weigh in first

I may likely order one of each and see which I prefer. Of course my cans will need to arrive first.

Thanks

I went ahead and ordered the TAB SAS-R so my wrap is already hear when my can arrives....BET!!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: cbass16Originally Posted By: jumprightinitMake your own. Wrap the can with the foam they use to keep water pipes from freezing and then use the camo stick to itself tape to cover it with. It will also reduce the volume a little and can be taken off simply by removing the tape which you can reuse. 2 cents worth of my useing it.
For hunting...MAYBE.

I guess you can cook bacon on your barrel if you go full automatic long enough. I've never got a barrel hot enough to melt the foam or even close to melting it. It works for me.

I don't shoot anything FA, wish I could it looks like a lot of fun, but my cans get a lot hotter than my barrel, specially, my rimfire cans. If I'm in a good sage rate area, my suppressor will get so freaking hot it'd burn you to the touch yet the barrel won't be nearly that hot.

Your can will ALWAYS get hotter than your barrel. Exponentially hotter.
I have had my suppressor hot enough to start a grass fire and make wood fence posts smoke, and that's just shooting bolt action strings of 10-20 rounds in a shooting match.

The point is...it's not smart, and it doesn't have anything to do with full auto.

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitOriginally Posted By: cbass16Originally Posted By: jumprightinitMake your own. Wrap the can with the foam they use to keep water pipes from freezing and then use the camo stick to itself tape to cover it with. It will also reduce the volume a little and can be taken off simply by removing the tape which you can reuse. 2 cents worth of my useing it.
For hunting...MAYBE.

I guess you can cook bacon on your barrel if you go full automatic long enough. I've never got a barrel hot enough to melt the foam or even close to melting it. It works for me.

Cooking bacon on a barrel is a brilliant idea
I mean a day of shooting and bacon would be a great day

Originally Posted By: Buster HindendOriginally Posted By: jumprightinitOriginally Posted By: cbass16Originally Posted By: jumprightinitMake your own. Wrap the can with the foam they use to keep water pipes from freezing and then use the camo stick to itself tape to cover it with. It will also reduce the volume a little and can be taken off simply by removing the tape which you can reuse. 2 cents worth of my useing it.
For hunting...MAYBE.

Cooking bacon on a barrel is a brilliant idea
I mean a day of shooting and bacon would be a great day

Mmmm....Bacon...
It could be effective as an attractant/cover scent also! Then a good snack when the hunt is done!

Back