First stamp came back

204 AR

Got the call today, the stamp for my YHM rimfire suppressor is back. Now just need to make a 7 hr round trip to get it
thumbdown.gif

Started the process in mid February, getting the trust formed. Dealer forgot the check the first time they sent it all in so that was a delay of probably 3 or 4 weeks at least. But the wait is over!

They fixed up the trust for me so it was easier to have them send it off. Rather than mail it back and forth etc.

Ya first timer you know...honestly I can't remember all the details of how it transpired but it seems like that's the reason we did it that way...ticks me off that there is any paperwork at all to have a piece of pipe screwed to the end of a barrel.

Are you saying that the paperwork is supposed to come from the buyers address? If so I didn't know that. Or that someone could modify the paperwork before sending it in? I could see the risk in that if the dealer was shady. This is certainly a learning process for me.

Like you said it certainly won't be the last. Looking at a 30 cal for all my centerfires, shot for precision not speed/volume and able to be carried afield without wheels.

Last edited:
I would not allow a 3rd party to handle any of my legal documents unless it's my personal lawyer.
If they wrote the trust, that's practicing law without a license.
If it was just a template they they have and filled out...it still has to be notarized to be legal. If you didn't have it notarized yourself, and sign it with the notary as a witness...it's probably not legal.

It doesn't matter where it's mailed from...but since you have to be physically present when the trust is notarized and signed...it just makes sense to me, that you would handle the trust personally.
The only thing the dealer should be doing, is filling out the Form 4, and even that is a generous offer. They don't have to, they simply do it as a curtsey so they don't have to deal with 500 phone calls asking how to do it.
I filled out my first one myself except for the dealers portion they have to fill out.
The rest, my dealer does because he has a PDF Form 4 that can pre-fill most of the repeat info.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARGot the call today, the stamp for my YHM rimfire suppressor is back. Now just need to make a 7 hr round trip to get it
thumbdown.gif

Started the process in mid February, getting the trust formed. Dealer forgot the check the first time they sent it all in so that was a delay of probably 3 or 4 weeks at least. But the wait is over!

Congrads. Make lots of copies of the form 4 and keep a PDF on your phone as well or picture of it.
I have all my personal forms in a safety deposit box for safe keeping.
Better to have 5 copies that you never use, then to not have one when you need it.

Originally Posted By: cbass16I would not allow a 3rd party to handle any of my legal documents unless it's my personal lawyer.
If they wrote the trust, that's practicing law without a license.
If it was just a template they they have and filled out...it still has to be notarized to be legal. If you didn't have it notarized yourself, and sign it with the notary as a witness...it's probably not legal.

It doesn't matter where it's mailed from...but since you have to be physically present when the trust is notarized and signed...it just makes sense to me, that you would handle the trust personally.
The only thing the dealer should be doing, is filling out the Form 4, and even that is a generous offer. They don't have to, they simply do it as a curtsey so they don't have to deal with 500 phone calls asking how to do it.
I filled out my first one myself except for the dealers portion they have to fill out.
The rest, my dealer does because he has a PDF Form 4 that can pre-fill most of the repeat info.

You are jogging my memory lol. It was a template, filled out and notarized by me and the missus. I had them send it in to make sure everything required was there.

RangerWalker, duly noted to make copies etc. Appreciate all the advice from all.

Originally Posted By: ToddNEnot to hijack but im wondering who you went through to get your can? i am in the market and wondered who to buy from

It was Cooper's Corner in Mason City. They are a ways from here but I met them at the last gun show when I was in a buying mood and they had what I wanted to start with in stock. Aside from the one delay I gotta say they were really easy to work with. I can't comment on how knowledgeable they are on stuff as I don't have any basis for comparison. Hopefully I made a good first choice. I will let you know when I get over there to pick it up!

Originally Posted By: 204 AR

It was Cooper's Corner in Mason City.

Yes sir Cooper's Corner is good to go, just form 3'd a couple V.A.P.R's to them a few weeks ago.

Back