Recce 7 Mod 2

ExCavTanker

A quick clip of my 6.8 without and with the Griffin Armament Recce 7 Mod 2. Obviously video doesn't tell all the story but hopefully you enjoy it. This is my first silencer and I'm very impressed with the accuracy and sound reduction. My Sierra Pro Hunter 110's still shot sub MOA with the can on, now I'm really hoping Michigan gets suppressor use for hunting passed before this fall.

https://vimeo.com/135109596

Sweet Vid, Thanks for posting it. I have a Reece 7 Mod 1. use it mostly for 300BO. I have been pretty happy with it, Accuracy has been pretty good. let me know what you think shooting it on some 308's and other SA cals.

RLTW
Steve

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71Sweet Vid, Thanks for posting it. I have a Reece 7 Mod 1. use it mostly for 300BO. I have been pretty happy with it, Accuracy has been pretty good. let me know what you think shooting it on some 308's and other SA cals.

RLTW
Steve

Glad you liked it. Currently I have no desire for a 300BO, but it sounds like the new Mod 3 made improvements on that caliber as well as 5.56/.223. I have not threaded my .223 upper yet, it's a 20" deeply fluted bull barrel. I'm still deciding if I want to cut it down to 18" and if I want to thread it 5/8x24 or 1/2x28.

Shortly after I got the stamp and tried the Recce out on my AR, I went and bought a Ruger American Predator .243 as I had to try it on a bolt gun. Last weekend was the first time I started working up loads for it but I've already got an MOA load with the can and I'm confident I can tighten that up even more. I love the rifle, especially the trigger. I think it blows away the Accutrigger on my Dad's Savage model 25. Without the can I was using foam earpro and muffs, with the can I shot it once w/o earpro and it didn't ring my ears but I kept the foamies during load workup.

Off the bench the Recce on the .243 was great, however as many of you know, going from a 16" barrel to a 22" barrel the weight is VERY noticeable. A friend of mine has a GA Sportsman DT on Form 4 that I'll try which is much lighter than the Recce. The SAS Barricade is intriguing but that can would cost me a few hundred more than the Sportsman DT for 1.9oz weight difference. No one I know that has cans has an SAS and no dealer carries them anywhere near me so I'd be a bit apprehensive but the reports seem good.

The barricade is hands down the best 6.5 Cal and down suppressor I have shot. It's insanely small at 6" 34-35 DB of reduction, is accurate, I am totally happy with it. I have Vid's posted of it, and can send you a 10 shop group that is less then 1". Very happy. You would do your self well to look long and hard at it. I have them in stock as well.
Feel free to ring me if you have any questions.

Thanks
Steve
RLTW

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71The barricade is hands down the best 6.5 Cal and down suppressor I have shot. It's insanely small at 6" 34-35 DB of reduction, is accurate, I am totally happy with it. I have Vid's posted of it, and can send you a 10 shop group that is less then 1". Very happy. You would do your self well to look long and hard at it. I have them in stock as well.
Feel free to ring me if you have any questions.

Thanks
Steve
RLTW

Those are VERY compelling points, almost a dream can based on size, weight, dB reduction and accuracy. SAS cans don't seem to get the love from some of the bigger dealers and I haven't seen any meter videos. I do have a couple questions. What is the construction of the can and is it limited to a 5/8x24 thread?

SAS has been in business for almost 20 years and up until this year only had ONE exclusive distributor. SAS has not done any marketing either. For 2015 they have taken on another distributor (Europtics) as well as many retail dealers.

SAS has had a full line of cans for many years and has came out with 5 new models in the last year.

They invented the TOMB (thread over muzzle brake) about 14 years ago and its taper design is well proven for accuracy, repeatability and minimal POI shift.

Their titanium cans are fully welded and use the best grade titanium available.

SAS started in Evansville Indiana which is right up the road from Crane Naval Special Warfare center where it has extensive experience working with them and conducting mil spec db testing. SAS ONLY uses milspec parameters and milcpec accepted testing equipment (B&K2209) meter.

RangerWalker71 here can help answer your questions or I.

Kino, Thanks for the comments.

Excav Tanker- If you go with the TOMB model you can get just about any TPI you want.
SAS was the most under rate suppressor manufacture around. I Have always liked SAS and had issue only with the sole distributor that they used.
Tim at SAS is a machining genius, and has some outstanding suppressors.
If you look at my vid's I've posted you can see that the Arbiter(10yr old Tec) is just as quiet as the New TBAC Ultra.
The Barricade, Resistor, Tolerance, and Eadrum are all new Tech that are lighter and quieter then any thing out there.
This is just the start.
On the Mil-Spec testing, I'll have more numbers that will show with out a question SAS suppressor are the quietest and most accurate in the industry.

Ring me at 816-718-9489 and i can answer any of your questions. I want to ensure you get the correct suppressor to meet all you needs and to fit your weapons.

thanks
Steve
RLTW
816-718-9489

Kino and Ranger,

Thanks for the info on SAS, looks like the issue was with their piss poor distributor and limited dealers and they're on their way to spreading the good news with reps like you. They need a makeover on their website though imo.

The Barricade as a T.O.M.B. model would fit my needs though it would be nice to see them come up with a single port muzzle brake like the Griffin Armament Minimalist to go with that can to keep the weight down.

Looking forward to the meter videos with various hosts (I have watched the non-metered vids from both of you guys).

ExCavTanker next month we will be doing several videos with the B&K2209 as well as some hunting videos. SAS is finalizing some things with some people that have shows on outdoor/sportsman channel so you will see them in use there as well. I'll elaborate more once its finalized.

IMO they are proof of the power of marketing, or really lack there of! They have had suppressors that absolutely was as good or better than anything on the market but with the lack of promoting they have a ways to go on getting known.

Back