Looking for a direct thread 5.56 can need suggestions

SAS has 2 great 556 can's the Sentinel, 9.8oz, 7" long 35DB reduction. You can get it in DT or TOMB.
Also the Eadrom is a great can that you can use on SBR's down to 10".
Both have zero POI, light accurate.

Kino M makes a valid point using a 30 cal can. Opens up so many more options.

On that SAS has the New Barricade, 6.5 can. Tim made it for PRS shooting. 10oz 6" long and 35db of reduction. I have one coming for my 6.5 AXMC. I have not shot them yet, seen videos. Have shoot a Arbiter and a Reaper great cans. The Barricade is a game change with size and DB reduction.

TBAC 223P-2 would also serve you well, also The SilencerCo Omega with the ability to go DT or QD. You can also get different Front caps and run a flat cap not the Anchor break.

By going with a 30cal or 6.5 Cal can you'll loose nothing and only add volume to suppress your rifle more effectively.

IMHO.
I normally run on the Snipers Hide(rangerwalker71 user name), just found this site, looks great.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71
I normally run on the Snipers Hide(rangerwalker71 user name), just found this site, looks great.

I used too until it went to Scout, now it's usability sucks backside. Visit about 1 time a month now to see if it has been update to user friendly features. Until it does I don't waste what little valuable time I have there.

So are you going to become a sponsor here?

I shoot a SAS Arbiter. It is a 30 cal and I am very happy with it.

I get several guys asking about it when I go to the range because they are impressed with how quiet it is.

Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftI shoot a SAS Arbiter. It is a 30 cal and I am very happy with it.

I get several guys asking about it when I go to the range because they are impressed with how quiet it is.

That's great news! What have you been able to compare it to? The Arbiter from SAS is truly the pinnacle of accurate cans that are quiet as well.

Originally Posted By: Kino MThat's great news! What have you been able to compare it to? The Arbiter from SAS is truly the pinnacle of accurate cans that are quiet as well.

Well I don't really have anything to compare to. It is my first can but I am sure not my last.

Most of the guys that have asked were using cans too but they thought mine was quieter than what they were using.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Rangerwalker71

I used too until it went to Scout, now it's usability sucks backside. Visit about 1 time a month now to see if it has been update to user friendly features. Until it does I don't waste what little valuable time I have there.

So are you going to become a sponsor here?

Thinking about it, just testing the waters currently

I have an SAS 5.56 Sentinal direct thread. After 6 months a research that was the one I went with. It was the lightest, quitest, and least expensive. Kinda funny that a buddy recomended it right of the bat and I should have bought it right then because I would have had it 6 months earlier. Great little can and the shop I bought it from are great people to deal with. Im saving my pennies for a 30 cal can now, it will also be a SAS. In my 6months of research I shot 5 different cans from other manufactures so not a real large sample but I felt I bought the best one.

Originally Posted By: N8WillI have an SAS 5.56 Sentinal direct thread. After 6 months a research that was the one I went with. It was the lightest, quitest, and least expensive. Kinda funny that a buddy recomended it right of the bat and I should have bought it right then because I would have had it 6 months earlier. Great little can and the shop I bought it from are great people to deal with. Im saving my pennies for a 30 cal can now, it will also be a SAS. In my 6months of research I shot 5 different cans from other manufactures so not a real large sample but I felt I bought the best one.

I hear and read stories like this ALL the time! SAS is at the top on design/quality and at the bottom on marketing! This year things are changing at SAS and its blowing up. More dealers, more distributers, and 4 new models with more to come!

Originally Posted By: N8WillI kinda hope not because that will mean the price will go up.

Nope to very little.... Trust me....

Originally Posted By: Kino MOriginally Posted By: N8WillI have an SAS 5.56 Sentinal direct thread. After 6 months a research that was the one I went with. It was the lightest, quitest, and least expensive. Kinda funny that a buddy recomended it right of the bat and I should have bought it right then because I would have had it 6 months earlier. Great little can and the shop I bought it from are great people to deal with. Im saving my pennies for a 30 cal can now, it will also be a SAS. In my 6months of research I shot 5 different cans from other manufactures so not a real large sample but I felt I bought the best one.

I hear and read stories like this ALL the time! SAS is at the top on design/quality and at the bottom on marketing! This year things are changing at SAS and its blowing up. More dealers, more distributers, and 4 new models with more to come!

Do you have any videos of testing comparing SAS to other manufacturers by a third party (such as Silencer Shop, Capital Armory, etc)?

I don't but maybe someone has. We use mil spec procedures and equipment to test decibel rating. We try hard to offer a quiet can but there's a lot more to a great suppressor than db reduction. Important things like POI shift, accuracy, repeatability and durability. We have thousands of suppressors in service with happy customers proving it every day so we haven't seen the need in an "unbiased" opinion.

Back