Magnum Research 22 WMR

TNYotehntr

Have my eye on the MR 22 magnum... I know it's a bit pricey but I'm wanting something for WMA's near me. (rimfire/shotgun only) Any one here have one? I've been watching video's and seen some folks say they have feed eject problems... what's the consensus here? Thanks for any help!

LOL Don't suggest a Henry either!
smile.gif

I'm thinking the new savage AR-17 for the same purpose
Will see what reviews are when they come out
Not to hijack ---

I have one in the carbon barrel, never had any problems with it, I shoot 40gr Winchester and CCI, the only thing I did not like was the trigger so I replaced it. I use mine mainly for coon calling and critters around the house.

Booger

I wanted one also but $800.00 with a bad trigger was to much for me bought a ruger american rimfire .22 mag and love it.

Last edited:
I too have the carbon barrel version. Put a KIDD trigger in it and it is awesome.... And extremely lightweight.
Mine was also bought for a rimfire only WMA that I like to hunt.

Originally Posted By: TNYotehntrWell I couldn't stand it, I picked it up today. If weather permits I'll site it in tomorrow and see how it does.
smile.gif

I'm anxious to hear about accuracy. Be sure to keep us posted.

Awesome! I got 'er sighted in. I wasn't in an area where I could sand bag it and shoot serious groups but off shooting sticks at 80 paces I shot a 3 shot group a quarter will cover. I'm pretty happy with it!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: TNYotehntrCool! Thanks, I'm thinking carbon fiber barrel and Houge stock.

I got the same rifle last week but in 22LR.
I order a Timney trigger for it.
Now to find a scope.
Anyone like Leupold rimfire scopes?

Tim Wells the bow hunter ( Rentless Pursuit )has one out looks just like it. I think the price is 700 or 750 all custom heavy barrel . The guy that makes them are www.excelarms.com nice looking guns. I watch Tim coyote hunting with one he killed a coyote 150 yds may want to look at them.

What scope and rings did you go with?
I have the same rifle but with stainless barrel.Had to use all the elevation in my scope to get set, but it shoots awesome.

My neighbor has one that he wants to sell, at 72 he shot it one time with a $29 scope on it. He has shot it little and it has the Hogue stock on it. I am sure that he would take $700 for it. The gun looks brand new. I believe his is the std stainless barrel.

PM me, and I will give you his contact info.,

FYI: If you change the trigger group in your 22 magnum.
You will have to move the 22 magnum hammer spring to your new trigger group.
The 22LR model you just change out the 10/22 trigger group.

Back