This Guy Can Shoot !

That's some serious shooting for sure.
thumbup.gif

Quote:just wondering if that was a preserve or the wild

That is obviously a preserve, with driven hogs. Notice the permanent blinds? Also in Europe and probably not a lot of wild ones.

You could never drive hogs like that here, and if you could, it would be so thick you would never see them until they were already in the road.

Originally Posted By: Yellowhammer Quote:just wondering if that was a preserve or the wild

That is obviously a preserve, with driven hogs. Notice the permanent blinds? Also in Europe and probably not a lot of wild ones.

You could never drive hogs like that here, and if you could, it would be so thick you would never see them until they were already in the road.

Same here... One step off the road and a herd of blaze orange elephants could hide much less a sounder of dusky gray wild hogs... Well.... Maybe that's a SLIGHT exaggeration....
wink.gif

Anyway... Just once in my life I'd like to have an opportunity to hunt a target rich environment like that. Well.... I say that but I suspect that kind of hunting is addictive and after my "just once" I bet I'd be clamoring for more... LOL

My only opportunity I've ever had even remotely like that was with prairie dogs which was oodles of fun but it was still little sage rats and not wild/feral hogs which are a thrill to hunt even in our thick brush.

$bob$

being as I am stationed in Europe and have been on the drive hunts and yes they are very fun. no I don't consider it hunting. its conservation. I can almost guarantee you that all of those pigs are wild. its a whole different type of hunting here in Europe as opposed to the states. they do the drive hunts for conservation purpose. its kind of like flying around in a helicopter and shooting them, just less expensive. over here you have some one who owns the hunting rights to the land and they have to pay the land owner for any damages done by wild pig.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerNice rifle. Apparently, he was using the 7mag.

sauer20201x600.jpg

I bet he was sore after that. Getting back on target with that kind of recoil is impressive too. Most of them were head shots too.

dang purdy piece wood there

Originally Posted By: choclabs Notice that his bolt lift is 60deg, like the 2 SAKO 3 lug actions that I have. I very much doubt that he would be as quick and smooth with a 90 deg throw like Remington, Savage, or Ruger make.

So adding another 3/4 to 1 inch of bolt lift is going to slow the process down? I'm thinking a Remington in a short action (shorter bolt stroke than the obvious LA he's shooting) would equate to about the same time (/travel). While not taking anything away from Franz, his shooting, or his target acquisition; but running the bolt was the least impressive thing in the video. If you can't work a bolt pretty similar to that... You need more practice
grin.gif

Back