Looking for a direct thread 5.56 can need suggestions

BOBTAILS

Ok guys right now I have a YHM 7.62 QD can that I use on everything. And a rimfire can. I am getting a 22x6.8 upper and would like a 5.56 can for it. I do not want any kind of attachment system or QD system. I want a direct thread on can. Looking for suggestions on what ones to get/ use.

I would look at the TOMB system that Suppressed armament systems has had on the market for many many years.... Why limit yourself on a direct thread when there is better options and you can use your can on all your platforms?? Another can manufacture in this thread copied it this year so others are catching on!

Originally Posted By: Kino MI would look at the TOMB system that Suppressed armament systems has had on the market for many many years.... Why limit yourself on a direct thread when there is better options and you can use your can on all your platforms?? Another can manufacture in this thread copied it this year so others are catching on!

With a 22 center-fire can a direct thread can will not limit platforms, take it off one and screw it onto another. Now at 125 or more per TOMB mount that my friend will limit your platforms. Just because it looks and sounds cool to say doesn't mean it makes sense unless you buy into the great marketing ploy to take more of your money.
The only thing that "that" manufacture caught on too was the idea that you would spend 125 bucks more of your money on a extra unneeded item on every weapon system you own and has cashed in.
smile.gif

Cha Ching

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Kino MI would look at the TOMB system that Suppressed armament systems has had on the market for many many years.... Why limit yourself on a direct thread when there is better options and you can use your can on all your platforms?? Another can manufacture in this thread copied it this year so others are catching on!

With a 22 center-fire can a direct thread can will not limit platforms, take it off one and screw it onto another. Now at 125 or more per TOMB mount that my friend will limit your platforms. Just because it looks and sounds cool to say doesn't mean it makes sense unless you buy into the great marketing ploy to take more of your money.
The only thing that "that" manufacture caught on too was the idea that you would spend 125 bucks more of your money on a extra unneeded item on every weapon system you own and has cashed in.
smile.gif

Cha Ching

Pretty funny 3dHusker as thats the farthest from the truth..... 30 cal cans work GREAT on 22 cal stuff so a guy can get a 30 can and use it on his 300 win mag on down to a 22 bolt gun or AR. How is that a gimmick or marketing?? Please enlighten us how a DT 22 cal can will work on a 30 cal deer rifle or a 308 AR that is 5/8x24???

Originally Posted By: Kino MOriginally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Kino MI would look at the TOMB system that Suppressed armament systems has had on the market for many many years.... Why limit yourself on a direct thread when there is better options and you can use your can on all your platforms?? Another can manufacture in this thread copied it this year so others are catching on!

smile.gif

Cha Ching

Pretty funny 3dHusker as thats the farthest from the truth..... 30 cal cans work GREAT on 22 cal stuff so a guy can get a 30 can and use it on his 300 win mag on down to a 22 bolt gun or AR. How is that a gimmick or marketing?? Please enlighten us how a DT 22 cal can will work on a 30 cal deer rifle or a 308 AR that is 5/8x24???

Perhaps you should read the thread title then the opening post to find out what the subject is about.
smile.gif

3DHUSKER have you even seen or used a TOMB?? In essence the TOMB is kinda a direct thread hence the THREAD OVER MUZZLE BRAKE which TOMB stands for, only it offers many advantages over a direct thread. Most guys don't know about it because SAS is not a great marketing company! Please tell us your personal experiance.

Kino M,

Short answer, yes and I have gotten over the fascination.
smile.gif
Start your own thread if you must.

Once again, Perhaps you should read the thread title then the opening post to find out what the subject is about.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERKino M,

smile.gif

Once again, Perhaps you should read the thread title then the opening post to find out what the subject is about.

So NO facts other than a smart comment about checking the title.... No need to start a new thread as people need to know that it is no longer 1980 and direct thread is not the only options. That's facts....

Originally Posted By: Kino MOriginally Posted By: 3DHUSKERKino M,

smile.gif

So NO facts other than a smart comment about checking the title.... No need to start a new thread as people need to know that it is no longer 1980 and direct thread is not the only options. That's facts....

Since you are paid by SAS to consult, train and demo you should start your own thread and teach everyone the facts.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...826#Post2816826

Thanks for pointing that out but how does me being in that position wrong in my advice or not knowledgeable? If your trying to insinuate that I won't give accurate information because of my position your out of line as you know nothing about me. Guys on here ask questions because they don't know. The suppressor industry is changing all the time so its nice to have people within the industry post, except maybe for you! Sorry to the OP if we are a little off topic but I want people to know there's other options available.

I use a Gemtech SandStorm 7.62 Titanium Suppressor.
Direct Thread.
It's threaded 5/8x24.
And on my 5.56 uppers I use a Co-centric Bushing 1/2x28 to 5/8x24.($25).
My POI shift is very small with the light, Quiet, SandStorm ( 13 oz.).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kino M3DHUSKER have you even seen or used a TOMB?? In essence the TOMB is kinda a direct thread hence the THREAD OVER MUZZLE BRAKE which TOMB stands for, only it offers many advantages over a direct thread. Most guys don't know about it because SAS is not a great marketing company! Please tell us your personal experiance.

OP,
First, I don't have enough experience with suppressors for you to take advice from me. Second, I am not trying hijack your thread and since you don't want anything but a direct thread, I would ask Kino to explain the advantages in his thread as I would be interested in his input.

if your barrel is not already threaded, thread it 5/8-24.

just recently i saw an article about bores opening up when being threaded. it is better to thread it as large as possible anyway.

Back