Fox bang & suppressors

g Bo

I switched my fox bang sensitivity to medium and it doesn't go off with my two suppessed AR's. I'll try the most sensitive setting but what experience have you had?
I sometimes almost forget I have the feature on my shockwave. This morning on my first stand I missed one with my AR and it didn't go off. My third stand I didn't miss with my bennelli and it forsure goes off with a shotgun.

Even if it doesn't go off with your shot just rap it with your knuckles and it will, kind of like a no-button preset. Most guys complain that it goes off too easy.

I set mine on the most sensitive setting, It does not go off. But if I smack the remote on my leg, then im back in business!

If the remote is set to the most sensitve setting and it doesn't go off after shooting and you have a suppressor..
You have a good supressor..
But, i would also then say that you don't need it to go off, unless other coyotes are there and are now running off after shooting..

When i am hunting we fire off a howl and then rabbit.. We had a stand where one came in fast, shot it, and then waited a minute.. The foxbang hadn't gone off.. I hit the coyote vocals again, and heard a pair howl behind us.. We stood up, rotated the seats and sat right back down and a few minutes later shot another one.
Both coyotes were within 100yds of each other dead.. ANd we were only 40 yrds from my camo covered truck.
The funny thing is that fox bang never went off, but that also tells me that the gun will not have spooked the others since it wasn't loud enough to set off the Fox bang.

When we got to the truck we spotted another coyote now off to the west of us, and we snuck in with the sun behind us, and shot a 3rd that was sitting there sunning its self..
it's nice when you can get 3 on the first stand of the day, without having to move the truck.

Originally Posted By: songdog Quote:I set mine on the most sensitive setting, It does not go off. ditto..

Double Ditto!

One thing i do now is when a coyote is coming in on a string i will put the TX1000 remote on my number 1 preset which is Coyote Pup Screams.

After i shoot the coyote all i have to do is press enter.

It has now become habit because Foxbang doesnt work with my suppressor.

Isn't that cool that fox bang doesn't work with suppresor? At least I think it is! The last few I called have been with pup distress, they have come in hard so I mute it to stop them, but the last two haven't stoped. So... I just start barking. If I hit one, then i smack that remote on my leg or start barking to get outhers to stop for a shot. Im still working it out.
smile.gif
but it's great hunting with a can!

Originally Posted By: tugboaterI set mine on the most sensitive setting, It does not go off. But if I smack the remote on my leg, then im back in business!

Foxbang will not work with any of my suppressors. Exactly how I deal with it also. I actually went up a setting because I was bumping it unintentionally and it was going off.
smile.gif

Its good to be quiet. Ssshhh..

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: tugboaterI set mine on the most sensitive setting, It does not go off. But if I smack the remote on my leg, then im back in business!

Foxbang will not work with any of my suppressors. Exactly how I deal with it also. I actually went up a setting because I was bumping it unintentionally and it was going off.
smile.gif

Its good to be quiet. Ssshhh..

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZi hated it when i had it too sensitive and the foxbang would go off when you barely did anything.

Exactly..
smile.gif

Thanks for all the responses. I remember when I first got my shockwave, I snuck into a high mountain canyon. Set up on the skyline of the ridge, didn't have good shooting lanes, started calling before I was ready. Actually called in six coyotes all at once (surprise I haven't called in six at once since) They topped a ridge about 150 yards across the draw. I was so surprised and excited I did everything wrong. Every time I sat my remote down the fox bang went off. I would pick it up and hit mute again, set it back down it would go off again. It happened about five times. I didn't even know there were different settings then. As I think back on that, i can picture the coyotes being pretty amused. All six coyotes had me busted so bad, sitting on the skyline, no clear lane to shoot, pup kiyi keeps going on and off. As I think back it was pretty comical. They finally headed back over the ridge. I didn't even get a shot off.

Oh what I have learned since that day. I've killed a lot of coyotes since that day, I still get pretty excited, as I said earlier missed one yesterday morning then got one on the third stand. Hey ain't It GREAT! Fun times.

Quote:I set mine on the most sensitive setting, It does not go off.

I have resorted to slapping my remote against the stock of my rifle if I have the remote in my hand. If I have it sitting on the ground alongside me, I reach over and tap it hard. I like the suggestion of one of the posters who sets the wounded coyote sound on one of his presets. That should work fine too, but it isn't as slick as having the Foxbang work when the shot is fired off.

Back