New Mexico Law

CDENTON

I am needing clarification of New Mexico law. In my research online it is my understanding that I cannot use my electronic caller for coyotes. I am really hoping that I am misunderstanding that. Can anyone answer the question with certainty of electronic caller usage for coyotes in NM? Thanks.

Make sure that the regs you are looking at do not say "Protected Game" Coyotes are not usually one of those. I believe that E calls are allowed there from what I read. Good luck.

You can use e-callers in NM. You will need to purchase a valid hunting license because you area non resident. Check the proclamation for details. Coyotes are a non protected species.

Coyotes are unprotected furbearers, so almost anything goes. You can use your e-caller with no problems.

Keep in mind that you cannot shoot bobcats, foxes, or other protected furbearers unless you get the trappers license, which is about $315 for non-residents. Unprotected furbearers/game like coyotes, skunks, rabbits can be hunted with pretty much any non-resident license in your pocket. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions that don't get clearly answered by looking over the regulations.

They got it right. If you're non resident, purchase a small game license and you're good to go. Coyotes are not regulated game species here and can be hunted just about anyway you want to. Ecalls, lights,baiting.... whatever. Don't worry about them bobcats, you can leave them to us locals.
smile.gif

MotoHunter, just to clarify you can only use lights on private property. Not allowed on state, BLM or forest property. Just don't want to see anyone get in trouble.

drscott

Back