They Never Stop

azmastablasta

House bill would ban AR-15 bullet
By Tim Devaney - 03/12/15 03:05 PM EDT

Democrats are pressing new legislation in the House that would ban forms of armor-piercing ammunition.

Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) is pushing the Armor Piercing Bullets Act followingthe Obama administration’s decision earlier this week to withdraw a controversial proposal that would restrict 5.56 mm projectiles for M855 cartridges commonly used in AR-15 rifles.

“Armor-piercing rounds like green tips should only be in the hands of military personnel or police officers, period,” Engel said. “There is absolutely no compelling argument to be made for anyone else to have access to them.”

“But the out-of-touch gun industry lobby is fighting tooth and nail to keep cop-killing ammunition on the streets. We need to speak up on behalf of our police officers and say ‘stop the madness, ’” he added.

Engel's legislation, expected to be introduced Friday, would restrict the sale of the 5.56 mm projectiles, which can can penetrate police body armor.

"Deers do not wear body armor,” a spokesman for Engel joked. “No, I have never met a deer that walks around in Kevlar.”

Even as they pursue legislation, congressional Democrats are also pushing for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to move ahead with restrictions on the armor-piercing bullets.

The ATF had sought to prohibit gun companies from manufacturing or selling 5.56 mm projectiles for M855 cartridges, but shelved the plan after an outcry from gun groups and congressional Republicans.

Dozens of Democrats, including including Reps. Carolyn Maloney (N.Y.), Jackie Speier (Calif.) and Steve Israel (N.Y.), are expected to sign a letter that will be sent on Friday to ATF Director B. Todd Jones asking him to reconsider the plan.

Speier is also planning to introduce her own piece of legislation next week that would more broadly ban forms of armor-piercing ammunition.

http://thehill.com/regulation/legislation/235531-dems-pushing-bullet-ban-legislation

Of course it doesn't matter but I am unable to find any information where a Police officer was shot with a armor piercing round. LAP(light armor piercing) rounds like the 'green tips' doesn't have any documentation showing it will pierce Police armor vests.

The Hague Convention of 1899 prohibits the use of hollow points during war... Most states ban the use of FMJs for hunting... Both claim the use of the other as In-humane... To aim a firearm, pull the trigger then expect the impact to be humane just sounds silly...

I guess if I am ever shot, I would hope the trigger man is humane about it
scared.gif

ATF director says, just today, that:

Quote:The AR-15 can also shoot the less lethal .223 round...

....lost

They falsely claim to be worried about the police and there welfare as far as bullets go, but they have pressed the racial crap to the point that the Black community of the U.S has declared war on the police, and yet they don't give a crap about that. I aint buying it. You don't think that they would just use any excuse possible to ban guns and ammo do you? NO!!!!!
I am so sick and tired of some ignorant liberal that honestly believe they are smarter than we are and that they should be the judge of what is good for us! They don't have any qualms at all about tearing apart the Constitution or making more laws and taking away more of our rights, and it doesn't even seem to phase them what they are doing.
I guarantee you this is going to come to a head here in this country, and the liberals are going to regret their ignorance. This country was built under these very same laws the liberals are trying to change. Our country has stood strong and tall for a very long time without the liberals help. But they are bringing her to her knees in short order if we don't stop them.

I guess any thoughts that the ammo panic of 2015 might ease off have been killed. this [beeep] is just going to push people to stock up even more

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitOf course it doesn't matter but I am unable to find any information where a Police officer was shot with a armor piercing round. LAP(light armor piercing) rounds like the 'green tips' doesn't have any documentation showing it will pierce Police armor vests.

Any center fire round, except frangibles will punch through a soft vest. We don't consider a vest 'armor'. They're designed to hold up to pistol rounds, rated as such. Armor piercing (to me) means it punches through ARMOR.

'Humane' means you die fast, not that you survive in agony. Hunting bullets, properly placed, are humane.

A .22lr, properly placed, is a 'cop killer'. One of the dumbest phrases in history. Right up there with "you get what you pay for".

And just for fun, the plural of deer is deer, not deers. 1 deer, 2 deer, a herd of deer, hey look at all those deer.

If otoh you have a family with the last name of Deer, or Deers Bob Deer, Judy deer, Jeff Deer etc, then you can have a group of Deers. And if Jeff Deers is a cop, than there is a good chance that there is at least 1 Deers that wears soft armor.

I own 3 John Deere tractors, I see 3 Deeres in the pasture
laugh.gif

I'm going away now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: NdIndyOriginally Posted By: jumprightinitOf course it doesn't matter but I am unable to find any information where a Police officer was shot with a armor piercing round. LAP(light armor piercing) rounds like the 'green tips' doesn't have any documentation showing it will pierce Police armor vests.

Any center fire round, except frangibles will punch through a soft vest. We don't consider a vest 'armor'. They're designed to hold up to pistol rounds, rated as such. Armor piercing (to me) means it punches through ARMOR.

'Humane' means you die fast, not that you survive in agony. Hunting bullets, properly placed, are humane.

A .22lr, properly placed, is a 'cop killer'. One of the dumbest phrases in history. Right up there with "you get what you pay for".

And just for fun, the plural of deer is deer, not deers. 1 deer, 2 deer, a herd of deer, hey look at all those deer.

If otoh you have a family with the last name of Deer, or Deers Bob Deer, Judy deer, Jeff Deer etc, then you can have a group of Deers. And if Jeff Deers is a cop, than there is a good chance that there is at least 1 Deers that wears soft armor.

I own 3 John Deere tractors, I see 3 Deeres in the pasture
laugh.gif

I'm going away now
laugh.gif

My vest has a hardened steel insert plate in the front, I don't really know how many LEO's use that but thats what I was thinking of in regards to the LAP .223 ammo.

Quote:A .22lr, properly placed, is a 'cop killer'. One of the dumbest phrases in history. Right up there with "you get what you pay for".
Yep, Indy, right up there with "common sense", as in common sense gun law.
cursing.gif

Regards,
hm

Stu, I wouldn't "trust" any elected official on anything. We have enough Rino's in the republican party and this week the national republican party sent me there request for money, I wrote back when you can quit being a moderate and go toe to toe against the Democrats I will once again donate to your cause.
I have read on some of these forums of shooters not wanting to join organizations like NRA. Things used vary from don't like the soliciting for money to I don't have the money. Well I'm happy to say this week I sent NRA another donation as I know they are working for me and not against me, especially in closet sessions. I need someone who will stand up and fight for me as my letters to the politicians and talking to them in these town hall meetings "aint cutting it!"
$25 bucks for the year won't break any of these people on this forum, as you had to buy a computer to do this and they are more than $25 also I wonder how many of these nay sayers have I-Phones. Well it is a whole lot more for an I-Phone and to run than $25. Get a flip phone then.

I don't know for sure any more than anyone else here does about this, but there's just something about it that sets on my steamy bullsqueeze detector LOL

This is actually fantastic news and I'm sure everyone sees that this couldn't have gone any better for us.

By introducing legislation, liberals have:

1. Outed themselves as gun grabbers and bullet banners. Several democrats that have spoken in favor of the BATF's stealth ban attempt are from pro-gun states and they will certainly be having to explain their banning tendencies to their voters back home.

2. This has NO chance of passing. It's a PR stunt. But the counter-attack is already underway.

Republicans are moving strip these "banning powers" from the BATF. Hopefully, we will soon see legislation that castrates the BATF by forcing them to get congressional approval and the president's signature for ANY rule change that would result in the banning of a gun, bullet, ammo, or firearms-related accessory.

We need controls over the BATF.

Grouse

Quote:By introducing legislation, liberals have:

1. Outed themselves as gun grabbers and bullet banners. Several democrats that have spoken in favor of the BATF's stealth ban attempt are from pro-gun states and they will certainly be having to explain their banning tendencies to their voters back home.

Same song, umpteenth verse. Unfortunately, the voters keep re-electing them.
cursing.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: The Famous GrouseThis is actually fantastic news and I'm sure everyone sees that this couldn't have gone any better for us.

By introducing legislation, liberals have:

2. This has NO chance of passing. It's a PR stunt. But the counter-attack is already underway.

Republicans are moving strip these "banning powers" from the BATF. Hopefully, we will soon see legislation that castrates the BATF by forcing them to get congressional approval and the president's signature for ANY rule change that would result in the banning of a gun, bullet, ammo, or firearms-related accessory.

We need controls over the BATF.

Grouse

And, while they are dicking around with this they aren't fixing things that need fixing, like the budget, the deficit, ridding the people of Obamacare, shutting down illegal immigration/amnesty, addressing the issues with the NUMEROUS scandals and B_S_ excuses amongst government agencies for any number of discriminatory practices against conservative organizations.

There are a LOT of things they could be doing, that they aren't doing, because they're playing political games trying to steal a vote on behalf of someone's lost cause.

Originally Posted By: BigSkyDogThey falsely claim to be worried about the police and there welfare as far as bullets go, but they have pressed the racial crap to the point that the Black community of the U.S has declared war on the police, and yet they don't give a crap about that. I aint buying it. You don't think that they would just use any excuse possible to ban guns and ammo do you? NO!!!!!
I am so sick and tired of some ignorant liberal that honestly believe they are smarter than we are and that they should be the judge of what is good for us! They don't have any qualms at all about tearing apart the Constitution or making more laws and taking away more of our rights, and it doesn't even seem to phase them what they are doing.
I guarantee you this is going to come to a head here in this country, and the liberals are going to regret their ignorance. This country was built under these very same laws the liberals are trying to change. Our country has stood strong and tall for a very long time without the liberals help. But they are bringing her to her knees in short order if we don't stop them.

BigSkyDog,

Very well put. At some point, the top of the tea kettle top pops off and things get more serious than just words. Hopefully, this will occur with sane legislation and not further attempts at controlling "We the people" via these outrageous trampling of our rights.

Any reason the democrats come up with is just a play on sympathy. The excuses are plain as day BS. If they would just come out and say we want to completely disarm the US Citizenry so they are defenseless against the PLANNED Govt Tyranny then at least they would have some credibility.

Back