mating suppressor with handquard

kal52

I plan on picking up a Daniel defense ddm4 v11
it has a 16" barrel with a 15" handguard on it.

in a perfect world Id like the suppressor to fit as close as I can without touching the HG directly, and don't want any underneath either, figure I don't want anything that gets that hot touching where im going to put my hand.

its mostly for cosmetics as I don't like the looks of a big ol can out there.

ok so ive been looking at the new thunderbeast 5" ultras
as well as the Wilson combat whisper
Id like to keep the overall length of the gun as short as possible as I can

someone mentioned the brevis as well on another post and I really like how short that is, I don't need it to be super quiet, just to keep the bang down to a decent level while hunting.

how can I tell if this handguard is going to work, before I buy the gun or the can?

and QD or thread on is no biggie to me, as I don't think id need to be in a hurry to move it around ever, ive got the spare time most days lol

any advise or suggestions?

Last edited:
Those can's can get hot.. Very hot. a gap between the two will help air flow and keep you from sliding your thumb and finger into a hot can, or melting a handgaurd.

Sounds like a nice setup, maybe you try it as is, or get a longer free floating hand gaurd and cut to fit.

I would carefully measure the clearance you have outside the handguard. Then I'd call the manufacturers you're interested in and describe what you are working with. Most quality manufacturers are very helpful on the phone.

At 2" OD, the Brevis cans are far fatter than the more standard 1.5" OD of most cans. Point being if you don't have enough threads sticking out the Brevis will back into the handguard.

I've been shooting the AAC Mini-4 for about a week and you might look at it. It is not the quietest can out there, but it's not designed to be. The guys on my 3-gun squad last weekend loved the sound, but that's just because they were comparing it to their unsuppressed carbines with muzzle brakes. It uses a 51 tooth brake or flash hider for QD attachment.

Sendit

This is where I ended up, YHM QD mount pinned and welded so the total length was 16.25"

This is with the can

ETA, if I didn't have the barrel cut down and used the QD the can would have been about a 1/4" from the float tube, but I like some of it under the float tube.

Last edited:
thanks for the responses

gonna try and get to the shop and measure the rifle and start there

then I guess itll be calls and emails.

I do like the look of the fat cans, don't know why just do

thanks again

just an update
got a chance to look at one today.

based on the shops tape its roughly 1/8 mabe a sliver more from the end of the guard to the shoulder of the threads (bottom of the flash hider)

been busy lately so ive not yet called anyone, but it is nice, seems like a well put together rifle

Back