supersonic performance

Yep I totally agree with send it 223. LOTS of reasons. Once you've done it you'll never be with out for very long!

Originally Posted By: sendit223No there is not a reason. There are several.

Sendit

+1

If you have never shot suppressed I suggest you get with some one who has a can and experience the REASONS for yourself. You will soon then convert to the dark side.
smile.gif

To name a few:

(1) significant reduction in muzzle blast benefitting your hearing
(2) less recoil
(3) less visual signature
(4) less dust signature
(5) faster follow up shots
(6) lessens directional sound signature

Sendit

Great list Sendit

Not to mention.

loud shooting is uncivilized.
smile.gif
Too add

(1.) With a good can there is no muzzle blast therefore no directional signal, only a bullet crack and it will appear to come from where ever it passes closest to you if your in the field. Lesser cans will have a significant reduction. Subs = a quiet mouse fart.
(2.) Recoil is spread out over a longer duration there for it feels like a push not a kick.
(3.) Kids and wife can take naps while i shoot HP rifles off of deck on my 200 yard range.
(4.) Neighbors wonder why I am hammering on steel, (that is all they hear), think I am in construction. LOL
(5.) Kids will shoot a 300 BLK SUBS, 22LR or even 223 all day and not be scared of it. Great way to introduce kids to shooting.
(6.) Coyotes can be coming into a stand 500 yards apart or 5 min apart and don't know their predecessor has deceased already. Coyotes where I hunt are shot at a lot, they know what shooting is and get out fast when a shot is heard anywhere with in a mile of them.

Way too many to list.

Definitely enough said. Its intriguing for sure, don't know what a can would look like or feel like hanging off 26" barrels, but it sounds like its something to keep on mind for the future.

I was doing some testing tonight with my new chronograph with bullet speed and such. I took my OSS can off to compare the speeds with and without. I didn't have ear plugs because I don't need to use them anymore. I found some toilet paper and packed in my ears. When I shot my first un suppressed round it felt like it was going to cave my head in. I packed the toilet paper in abit tighter, it helped but was still almost unbearable.
That is a big difference.

Free bore boost velocities are 0 to 10 FPS. Also depends on caliber of can and caliber your shooting through it, not to mention can design. Its so little no one talks about it.

As far as the velocities I'm going to do some more tomorrow. I'm not ready to come to any conclusions yet.

The reason for no conclusions is the 60 gr vmax were about 30 FPS faster coming out of the OSS. The 55 gr vmax were about 50 FPS slower coming out of the can. Doesn't make sense to me so maybe I made some errors in reading the data. Anyway I'll do some more testing when I get some free time.

Back