Thunder Beast opinions

204 AR

I was curious what everyone thought of the tbac 30 cal cans. I saw on their website they have an "improved" version that came out in Jan. I think this is one of the brands a local dealer carries.

Application would be on several rifles, from a 270 wby, 260 AR, 300 Saum AR, and several small cal ARs. Also probably a 260 bolt if I build one.

#1 priority is accuracy, are some designs better than others? Second would be weight and noise reduction probably equal importance. I will do direct thread as I don't want to buy a dozen flash hiders.

TBAC, makes some great cans... Their CS is amazing as well! I've ran a couple of their cans, 30BA 30P-1, no complaints... Can't go wrong with those fellas.

Well I'm not ready to jump just yet. Gotta recover from the 22 can. But that's good to know they're highly thought of. Do you think the 9" is the way to go or would difference in reduction be noticeable compared to the 7"?

Originally Posted By: 204 ARWell I'm not ready to jump just yet. Gotta recover from the 22 can. But that's good to know they're highly thought of. Do you think the 9" is the way to go or would difference in reduction be noticeable compared to the 7"?

This will be my first can and I went with the Ultra 7 based on my research. I hate making decisions like this.....

Love the TBAC cans. I own many.
smile.gif
Getting the new ultra cans next.

What they said^^^^ My research took me to Thunderbeast as a top can. It didn't hurt that they are local. They took good care of this first timer. It is a great can. Now it's a better one with the Ultra series.

I have the 30p-1 titanium can direct thread and am darn happy w/it. Not as heavy as the steel ones, no issues w/accuracy at all.
They have since started the new ultra can line. They are 4 miles from my house and I have been through every step of their build more than 1x. CS is super at TBAC. Its quieter than I would of thought being behind it, but could be I cant hear good anyway...:)

I have 3 .30 cal cans. The 30p-1 is my favorite. Light and actually improved accuracy on my host (6.5 creed custom). Just as quiet as my cyclone and quieter than the SDN-6 when all were compared on a .308.

Very good info guys I appreciate it. I didn't know they were so popular! Definitely sounds like it would work for me. I like the idea of the 7", any other input on that choice for my purposes? I want to take it coyote hunting as well as using it for target practice/range fun.

One other thing, those that use them on sporter weight barrels how much does the titanium can change poi on average? That's the one bummer for me, get everything zeroed with the suppressor and it would mandate using it anytime you shoot those rifles it seems.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARVery good info guys I appreciate it. I didn't know they were so popular! Definitely sounds like it would work for me. I like the idea of the 7", any other input on that choice for my purposes? I want to take it coyote hunting as well as using it for target practice/range fun.

One other thing, those that use them on sporter weight barrels how much does the titanium can change poi on average? That's the one bummer for me, get everything zeroed with the suppressor and it would mandate using it anytime you shoot those rifles it seems.
On my 6x45 @ 3053 fps its right at 2" higher w/out the can, so I make a note on my stock in case I shoot it w/out the can so I just make dial adjustments.
At the range I always have guys wanting to have a look see when I pop a target at 400 yards and they wonder who just shot it since they didn't hear a ka-booom....hahahah

As far as accuracy goes, TBAC is the way to go. Known for accuracy, that's what they are known for. No change in POI. I have a 30P-1 and have no complaints. Now they have made them smaller, lighter, stronger and quieter!!! Can't go wrong, getting another in .223 and SBR/full auto rated ASAP.

Back