Suppressor Covers

Can anyone recommend a good cover for my TBAC 30P-1? With so many choices out there it would be nice to hear from someone who actually has one.

The suppressor and cover will be used on (2) 6x47 Lapua bolt guns and a 6mm Fat Rat AR. Any help would be appreciated

Kevin

Skinney,
What cover for the VAPR do you have? Finally got it by the way. Will have video and a post on it later. It shoots great no POI change at all.

I recommend TAB covers. Mine just had the insulation rip and bunch up making it unusable. I contacted TAB to see if I could pay to have new insulation layer put on and the owner emailed me back and is replacing the whole thing for free. Good customer service!

Originally Posted By: utahcoyotehunterSkinney,
What cover for the VAPR do you have? Finally got it by the way. Will have video and a post on it later. It shoots great no POI change at all.

Great to hear!
It's a T.A.B cover, we are having a bunch in the new Multicam Arid made soon.

Originally Posted By: utahcoyotehunterLet me know when available. Checked out their website (T.A.B). What size would it be?

1.5" OD
8" Long

I've got five of the Rifles Only can covers and really like them, they take hardcore abuse and stay cool, plus no thermal signature on my thermal weapon scopes.

https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/suppressor-covers/ftw-suppressor-cover.html

HK%20Rocks.jpg

ok maybe i'm a cheap guy at heart but I see no reason to spend upwards of $60 for a can wrap when a $3. roll of flex wrap from your local tractor supply fore wrapping horse legs will work just fine, comes in colors and cammo unless you plan on doing mag dumps it hold up fine and keep the moister off the can, easy to remove and keeps heat mirage off barrel as well my entire guns are wrapped in it, gives a natural look when worn, cheap, easy to replace works well and can check tightness of the can without burns, all in all I will get several, several years out of $60 dollars of flex wrap over something I may lose in the field and yes it is predator approved

Last edited:
I can't see the need for the wrap unless maybe you're sending multiple rounds downrange in hot weather. I've shot mine several times in a row with some hot 243 WSSM loads and it has only gotten warm to the touch but this was in 50 degree temps. They do look
thumbup1.gif

I shot mine at the range early one morning. Weather was very cold. After very few shots the mirage was so bad it was hard to shoot.

Wish I had a cover and I will be getting one soon.

I just drap a wet cloth over the end of mine when shooting at the range.
No mirage issues that way for me when shooting/testing loads etc.
Out calling/hunting I see no need for one myself.

Originally Posted By: utahcoyotehunterSkinney,
What do you have on your VAPR? SAS1,2,3? or SAS R?

It's an exclusive we have with T.A.B Gear... The O2 Cloak... and we have a hunting version available very soon, made for protection and concealment, not for mirage... since in most hunting instances we shoot 1 or a few well placed precision shots, there may be no need for the Nomex, and they will be much more affordable... Multicam Arid son!

Back