NFA Trusts- post your links to what service you use.

Chris Lynn

I know this will be brought up time and time again as its the number one question I get from my customers. What trust should they use and how much does it cost? I hope this thread helps take some of the stress out of the process.

I use an online trust, this trust is only $79.00 and I have never had a form 4 denied by the ATF with a trust from this company. It is quick and easy to use. Very self explanatory and they have made it very user friendly. This is who I send all my customers to if they want to use a trust for a suppressor, Machine gun or SBR from my shop

The company is called 199 Trust 199 Trust- Online trust

( disclaimer- I do not work for this company nor am I an attorney. Please know your state laws. You are responsible for your actions.)

Last edited:
I would highly recommend hiring a trust attorney in your own state who is familiar with your particular state statues pertaining to trusts as every state has different trust statutes, and listen to what they tell you so you do not have any legal hassles on down the line with your state trust.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupI would highly recommend hiring a trust attorney in your own state who is familiar with your particular state statues pertaining to trusts as every state has different trust statutes, and listen to what they tell you so you do not have any legal hassles on down the line with your state trust.

A lawyer is a great option as well. It is away to make sure you are covered in your state. Make sure they have drafted NFA trusts in the past before you settle with a lawyer.

Online trusts are a great option too for those who feel it fits them. Even the American Suppressor Association feels they are safe. So much so, they is offer an online trust with their membership http://store.americansuppressorassociation.com/membership/1-year-membership-w-nfa-gun-trust.html.

More options for those looking

Last edited:
I changed the title of the thread to encompass all NFA trust, online and/or attorneys who draft them. I think that will help make the thread more useful.

Thanks for the info WW.

I used Coyote Rifleworks out of Houston Tx. $95 and 2 hours later my trust was emailed to me. I called him on the phone and asked a few questions he was very friendly and answered all my questions. I don't remember the guy's name though.

Originally Posted By: Smokin250I Did everything through silencer shop for my suppressor and trust. Great guys to deal with.

x2

I went through an attorney in Columbus, Ohio. Everything went smoothly and I was more comfortable than going through some website somewhere. I also got wills for my wife and I while we were there which I had wanted to do for quite some time. So I killed 2 birds with one stone.

The attorney it a huge gun advocate and owns many suppressors as well as full auto rifles. He specialized in NFA Trusts. I could have spent less money somewhere else, but the peace of mind knowing it was done right was worth what I paid for me.

http://debrosselaw.com/

NFALawyers.com. Very nice and knowledgeable attorney. Quick and easy communication. Had a local attorney review it and he said he wouldn't change anything...mmm $100-125

I totally winged it on my trust and it has worked perfectly on both transactions so far. I made a trust using quicken will maker. If i had it to do over again I would use one of the online sites that is set up for silencer trusts.

The measure of a legal NFA gun trust has nothing to do with whether or not the ATF accepts it, it is the myraid of legalities you become involved with after they have accepted it.

Back