Beneficiaries and Trustees

AllPredatorCalls

For those of you who are brushed up on NFA gun trusts. Got a question regarding Beneficiaries and Trustees.

Regarding a NFA Gun Trust.

Do NFA trust Beneficiaries (in this case my son and daughter) have to also be listed as Trustees also to legally access and use my NFA weapons (suppressor) prior to my demise.. or by virtue of them being listed as the Beneficiaries, and not being prohibited persons, do they have the same access and use rights as Trustees

Your question should be answered by an attorney. If I remember mine correctly, My trustees can use the equipment in the trust any time. The beneficiaries may use it with me but goes to them upon my demise. At some point you will have to adjust the trust. But you can list as many "trustees" as you wish. Look up these guts and call them. It is free consult. They answered all my questions.

http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/02/i-think-i-want-a-gun-trust-for.html

Do not rely on the internet for answers to legal questions, see an attorney preferably in your specific state.

My understanding is that the beneficiaries would gain access upon the passing of the trustee. Often there is a successor trustee who would take possession upon your death and determine if passing possession to the listed beneficiaries can/should be conducted. If you want them to have full access now they would need to be trustees.

This is my understanding from reading all the material included in my trust, but I'm not a lawyer so take it for what its worth.

Thanks, my understanding as well. I put one who is old enough both as a Trustee and Beneficiary, and the other I'll wave a magic wand and add as a Trustee when they are of legal age, just to be safe.

My children are beneficiaries until they are of legal age, then become co-trustees. Its written in the language. If i do t want to mess with adjusting, its automatic. I can also adjust when the get of legal age...

Back